Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Poor Connection

I can see it is going to be a frustrating exercise to access the internet or even a cell phone the next three months. It took me an hour to actually get online this morning and get to my email. As far as phones go, my daughter called me last night, and the connection kept getting dropped. We finally gave up trying to re-connect.

Oh my goodness - I just thought I saw three dogs come up to the tree by my window but it is three deer! Two of them must be brothers because one keeps kicking the other one out of the way.

I moved over to the regular camp site - there are four of us here in a nice, spacious area. I can still see the river from a couple of my windows, and will try to get some pictures soon, although working with photos is just about as frustrating to me as trying to connect.

It rained heavily all night and it always makes me worry about leaks, although I was too comfortable to get up to check. The weather was chillingly cold yesterday and this morning it is balmy! The extended forecast shows it will get cold again, so I'll just have to take each day as it comes. I can deal with the temperatures but the wind makes it very uncomfortable.

I'll see ya when I see ya!

6 comments:

  1. Gypsy, Do you have a trucker's antenna and Wilson amplifier? They would probably help both your internet and cell reception. I've had mine for three years, and it's improved reception in questionable areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope your internet connection will improve. I would really miss your posts. Hope Judy and Emma's suggestion will help if you go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you're all settled in now for the next few months. I hope to see you before you leave the area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be waiting for you to pop up on our screen Gypsy:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet it's nice to be moved now to your site and all set up. Hope the cell signal improves. I know here the aircard is sometimes strong at 3 bars and other times slow at 1, depending on others using it in the area. Hope you find good signals at various times of the day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Judy - the Wilson amplifier and trucker's antenna will really help. It is frustating when you can't get a connection. Looking forwad to hearing how things are going.

    ReplyDelete