Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, November 2, 2009

Sometimes I think I've died and gone to heaven!

What a beautiful part of the country is Western North Carolina. The foliage is brilliant and I wish I could stay here for a few months, although I know the weather will change soon. I had lunch with Boris and Natasha (Paul and Mary) today, after which we drove down the mountain to Tom Johnson's Campers in Marion, NC. We were fortunate to meet a very special man, Bobby Fuller, and I'm sure if I had found him when I was looking for a 5th wheel things might have turned out very different for me. But things always work out the way they should, and now at least I know a salesman who I think I could deal with if the time comes for me to make a change (I should say if I can afford a change). We looked at some beautiful units this afternoon and it is always fun being around Boris & Natasha.

I got one medical appointment down and two more to go while here in the Asheville area. When the results of blood tests come in it will be decided if I need to take a cholesterol lowering drug, which I hate to think about. I've also lost 7 or 8# since this time last year, and I will chalk it up to not cooking while I'm traveling.

I want to take the opportunity to thank all those readers of this blog, and to tell you I appreciate any and all comments, and especially the encouragement you send me when I'm feeling a bit down about the pitfalls and problems of a solo fulltime RVer. For the most part this is a wonderful way to live at this point in my life, and I wouldn't trade it.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're having a wonderful time! It won't be long, we'll be meeting up. You're in the best part of NC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Denver sang about West Virginia being "almost Heaven", but I think he picked the wrong state. (sorry WV residents) NC is the best place to be...have fun there Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are on an upswing Gypsy. Thought of you to-day when we met a nice couple traveling in a 25' 2006 Class A Georgy Boy. Really nice compact rig & looked very Gypsy friendly:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to explore that area Gypsy. Love the colors of fall..
    How neat for you to meet up with Paul and Mary again. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you are down and enjoying yourself. Get some rest, have some fun, keep us posted.

    You are doing what you want and responsible to no one for what you want or do. That is a major deal this day. So rejoice in your choice of lifestyle.

    Take care. Later Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess us loner's all get downer days,but it looks like you have a good handle on things.I applaud you Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete