Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 20, 2009

A day to be thankful for

I picked up my mail at the Post Office this morning, and it included the results of the blood tests I recently had done. My total cholesterol has always been in the neighborhood of 240, so imagine my surprise to find it is now 175! The "Normal Range" is considered to be 100-199. Every single item on every single thing tested for was in the normal range - a lot of these these I haven't a clue about, but at least now I know I'm "normal". I've been walking on air ever since.

I have been taking glucosamine and chondroiton for years and it is no longer nearly as effective as it once was. Therefore I was thrilled to find a package at the P.O. containing some new supplements I ordered - basically coral calcium - which is said to hold back and even reverse bone loss, as well as to lessen the effects and pain of arthritis. So I'll give it a try for 3 months. Several years ago I took coral calcium for a while and it was fantastic - I could really notice a difference. The darn stuff was expensive though, so I reluctantly switched to regular calcium tablets.

The sun is shining today and everything looks bright and sparkly to me. I hope the feeling lasts for a while, and that everyone who reads this entry today will grab some of the bright sparkly for themselves. There is enough to go around!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your test results. It must be all that campground work that's reduced your cholesterol. My walk/run has definitely reduced mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!!! Congratulations! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome, Gypsy. I think it is the fulltime RV life giving you better test results. :) Could be all the hard work of camp hosting, too, though. Whatever the reason...enjoy the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news Gypsy. Looks like you're all set now for another 100,000 miles before you need another tune-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gypsy,
    Thank you for the comments on my blog. Even point and shoot cameras needs a computer to save the pictures (you have no negatives in digital pictures). My problem is I let mine go too long without maintaining my files. Like to read your blog, also.
    Ray_O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh so you are now known as "Normal Gypsy" ???? Good for you, congrats on the good tests, and hope the new calcium will help your hand/wrist problem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the normal test results! I'm anxious to see how the calcium works. I'm glad you have some sparkly, that's good to have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news Gypsy.. Always a good feeling to get a good report!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news all around, Gypsy!
    Fulltiming is definitely good for you.
    Keep walking on air!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear the test results were so good!

    I'm a new fan of your blog. I spent the last few days reading all of your archives. I'm soon to be a full-timer myself, I bought a TT but just have to sell the house and buy a larger tow vehicle. :)

    ReplyDelete