Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, November 21, 2009

My laziest day in a long time!

By 8:00 a.m. this morning I had my coffee brewing, took the dog for a walk, and came back to see what had appeared in my inbox overnight. I have basically been at the computer ever since. It started with a notification from Escapees forum of a new topic, which I read, and then responded to. I provided the poster with a link to a website and online magazine that I enjoy reading once in a while, although I haven't looked at it since before I volunteered at Lassen this summer. Of course, I had to go back and catch up, and was again fascinated with some of the articles, forum discussions, etc. The site has little or nothing to do with Rv'ing, but more to do with self-sufficient living. It also has a definite libertarian perspective. As you may have figured out from my posts, I am wildly Liberal but find I have a teeny bit of a Libertarian streak that I normally keep buried. But it's the "downsize, economize, be free" philosophy that I truly hold dear.

I had planned to go out and do something today although I never did get around to deciding what that would be. About mid-morning I came to the conclusion that whatever I go out for will involve spending money, and since this is close enough to the end of the month and the costs associated with moving to another location, I decided to just stay home. It's a pity because the sunshine is spectacular today. Another reason to refrain from spending money is that if I have any left over at the end of the month I intend to buy a good bread machine. I have my eye on a Zojirushi mini bread machine that will allow me to make one small loaf at a time, which I hope I can eat before it goes stale. The downside to that is the weight gain that is sure to follow, which if allowed to go unchecked could result in having to buy new clothes. The thought of fresh, good tasting bread made with just a few pure, additive-free ingredients, outweighs all other objections.

Did I mention that my passport arrived in South Dakota yesterday, and was immediately mailed to me so that I hope to get it here in North Carolina by Monday. So that's the end of that drama, although there is always something going on to keep me stirred up.

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes lazy is good. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade bread sounds divine. I'll be curious to see what you think of the bread machine when you get it. We sold the big one we had at the house - just way too big for a mh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That homemade bread machine does sound good, Gypsy! I'd go for it - we're actually thinking of getting one too - we sold our old one in a garage sale a while ago. Now, we kind of miss it. Good on you for being a big Liberal, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bread. Homemade or otherwise. In fact I like anything doughy and for that reason alone I rarely eat bread unless it's toast with bacon
    & eggs. I had to switch to boring flat bread many years ago for my peanut butter & honey sandwiches. If I ate bread I would probably be over 5,000 pounds now. I could probably live on bread alone, but..........:((

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE my Zojirushi bread machine. Best bread ever. I hope you get it.
    Don't ya just love a lazy day?

    ReplyDelete