Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Only two "S" Projects today

I visited the vascular surgeon who did my stent implant in 2004, and then went shopping. I haven't spent so much time in the mall and other stores since I was in Sacramento, when my daughter tries to lead me astray.

I last saw the surgeon two years ago, and today he said I could wait three years for the next visit. I bought a couple more pairs of khaki pants, plus two of comfortable fleece pants. I decided to take the fleece back and exchange them for a size larger. Can't be comfortable in tight pants, and at my age I think I should go more for comfort than for lookin' good. Most of the clothes I wear were made in the USA, which gives you some idea of how seldom I shop, so I decided to treat myself.

On the way home I made a quick stop in the grocery and discovered in the bakery that they sell pie by the slice. A thick slab of "very berry pie" and a small container of ice cream, and I may start dinner with dessert tonight!

5 comments:

  1. Now that's the way to live. Start with the desert and work backwards. I'm glad you're free from the Dr for three years. That's going to be wonderful being on the road knowing you're doing just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pie & ice cream works for me everytime. But, so does cake, donuts, butterscotch pudding, apple struddle, chocolate bars, peanut butter & honey sandwiches, strawberry shortcake, apple crisp, fudge, onions, flavored yogurt, muffins, tarts, ice cream bars, garlic, pancakes & syrup, milkshakes, sundaes, fry cakes, cinnamon rolls, etc......just to name a few:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read about the good report with the surgeon! Great news that is worth celebrating with pie and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh your pie and ice cream is a delightful idea!

    ReplyDelete