Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 6, 2009

A busy Friday morning

Those Canadians! I just heard such a racket outside it reminded me of the line from a famous poem, "When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter". It wasn't Santa Claus, but a flock of very noisy Canada geese.

I drove to the west side of Asheville to drop off some recycling and to shop at Earth Fare, an organic supermarket. Got some luscious vegetables and several kinds of meat. I didn't spend as much as I would if I had a decent size fridge.

I went to return the fleece pants I bought yesterday for a size large. I tried them on and they were way more comfortable but too wide in the hips, so I brought the mediums back home. Hopefully they won't shrink in the wash.

I don't know if it makes any sense to anyone else, but I am glad I left this area but I wish I was back. I feel so at home here, and would stay in a heartbeat if I wasn't so far from family. It wouldn't be the best place to live in an RV over the winter though.

Lots of things need doing around here and it's a perfect day to get them done before the skies get cloudy again.

3 comments:

  1. The Asheville area is magnificent, we agree. Family is a big draw and wanting to be closer to them for at least part of the year is nice. Especially with brand new grandchildren! Enjoy your time there while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canada Geese? Music to the ears, Gypsy! You just have to recognize what magnificent, majestic birds they are and learn to appreciate what you refer to as "noisy clatter"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are happy, healthy, and enjoying life! Keep up the good work...

    ReplyDelete