Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, November 26, 2009

If only

I got a very thought provoking blurb in my email today, that talks about the "if onlys" in our lives - if only I had *** - I would then be content. Well I think everyone thinks this way at times and I am no exception. But I am making a list of my "if onlys" and it isn't really a long list - two items to be exact - and when I am sure I'm finished with it I am going to tear it up and forget those things I "need" for true happiness and contentment.

On the day that we give thanks for what we have, I resolve to be thankful, happy, and contented with my blessings. I give up wanting those things I think I would be so happy with and which I know would end up causing me a lot of grief.

One item not on my list but I sure wish that I had, is a good, lightning-speed internet connection! I have tried to leave comments on several blogs this morning but have given up waiting for the comment screen to load. Sorry Debbie, your flamingo is gorgeous and so "Florida"!

Finally, I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Gypsy~!


    Although we have wonderful blessings this year to be thankful for, new grandbabies, Steve's job despite state budget cuts, a warm home, a great motorhome to travel in, we also have our *if only*'s too... If only we could have our son back, if only I could have my health back, if only, if only, if only...

    But I guess we gotta buck it up, and make the most of what we do have, and enjoy it.

    Take care and go have some more pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Gypsy. You are one in a million. "If only" I were like you sometimes. Enjoy the nachos. (I think that's what you wrote earlier).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Gypsy from Bob and Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really have any 'if onlys', except 'if only' I could find the 'perfect' RV at the 'right price', but many folks have that one!!
    With your slow connection, I am so honored that you made a comment on my blog. So happy that you enjoyed it.
    Have a happy and safe holiday, Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, Gypsy. Hope your day is great. Maybe your internet connection will smarten up soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, Gypsy! If only people were as thankful, every day, as they are on this day, we probably wouldn't have to think about "if only"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Have you tried Autonetmobile? I had it recommended by a blog reader and it works with Verizon for 1/2 the price. I have not been disappointed and have only had a few days of slow access...

    ReplyDelete