Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, April 16, 2012

Toledo, OH

Although I wanted to drive as far as Lorain, OH (Cleveland) this afternoon, I waited until the biggest part of commute traffic was gone this morning, and got a later start than usual. It was nice though, because my niece came over and she, my s-i-l and I had a nice time to talk. My brother went to work earlier. Also, I moved into the eastern time zone so I lost an hour. So here I am at the same motel I stopped in last year on my way to NY.

The weather has been pretty good - once in a while a few rain drops, but mostly clear and windy. I could barely make it from my car to the motel entrance because of the wind, and I will have to go out again with Lady and to get a few more items from the car. The wind is causing high pollen counts and I can sure tell it!

Lady finally ate supper last night after refusing to eat for 3 days. She has a really difficult time getting up and down as well, and the first thing I will have to do when I get to NY is to get her something for achy old doggie joints! I was getting a little concerned about her not eating.

I am SO glad I got the I Pass, and can't believe how many toll booths there are along the way; I had to stop at all of them last year and it is so nice to just drive on through.

I'm almost too tired to write down all the daily trip info, but I don't want to let it get away from me as I've kept up with it so far. I'm so thankful I made it around Chicago, and hope Cleveland will be relatively easy. That should be the last large city I'll have to deal with this segment of the trip.

Coming through Northern Indiana I get a little pang of nostalgia when I see the RV manufacturers along the highway, but not much (nostalgia, that is). Every time I think about it and wonder what it might be like to try it again, I realize it is not for me. I sure am glad I tried it for a couple of years, although I'd like to have the money it cost me - even just the depreciation amount. I hope all the RVers out there have some great trips this summer.

I don't know if I'll be in PA or NY tomorrow evening, as I'm still making up my mind which route to take. At any rate, I hope to be at my NY destination on Wednesday. I know one thing - I'm buying a pillow to sit on for the trip back!

7 comments:

  1. You and Lady are doing great. Glad you made it around Chicago. You are braver than I. Good luck with Cleveland. Used to live there for about 6 months until I couldn't take it any more. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a memory foam "L" shaped seat thingy that I put in the driver's seat of the rig when I drive. It really helps. I also fold it in half and sit on it at my table when I'm stopped. Hikes he up enough so I don't feel like a little kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of those seat cushion things with a bunch of vibrating motors in them & find it helps with circulation in my legs on long Motorhome trips. Plugs into the cigarette lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoyed Toledo, it was our last home town:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your weather hasn't been too awful. Poor Lady. Glad she's eating again. And I hope you're eating too. Sometimes you forget about that important step.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a trip. You're making the USA sound so small. I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you missed all those severe storms. What a gal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny about the pillow. Not that you need one, of course, just the way you said it. ::Smiles::

    The winds sound horrific, no fun at all. I wonder if there would be a way to consolidate the things you need and get a metal fold up dolley that you could strap your bag, laptop and Lady's stuff to for only one trip.? I know you are the Queen of packing light, but I understand, even with a dog, the stuff adds up. I just hate the thought of all those trips for you.

    I am sorry that you pup is feeling so poorly and hasn't eaten. I am glad she ate today. That's heartening. I know that Jack Hanna [the famous Zoo Keeper] recommends a product for his aging Lab's joint pain. I would think with his reputation it must hold some validity otherwise he wouldn't endorse it. In fact, I think it is the only thing in the 30 years I have watched him he has endorsed for pets. It's called CoSequin. If you think it would help, pet stores carry it and you can order it off the net too. Might be worth looking into to relieve some of her stiffness.

    Continue to have a safe journey. You're in our thoughts everyday and really appreciate you keeping us updated. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete