Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, April 7, 2012

See ya later

I probably won't be posting until I get to my first overnight stop on Monday, and that is providing the weather gods are smiling on me!

I'm meeting my son & his family for bluegrass brunch, and if I remember to take some pictures I'll try to post them later today. Then they are coming back here with me and he will pack my car; my daughter and her family may join us this afternoon. Where, oh where will I seat them all? I need to buy some folding chairs but there really isn't much place to store them.

Tomorrow my daughter is having dinner at 4pm, and I will probably do a last load of laundry in the morning so I can leave an empty laundry basket. I wanted to run the steam cleaner over the floors, but that involves a lot of furniture moving, plus trying to get the mounds of dog hair that hide under everything prior to running the steamer. I think I'll finally be able to relax when I'm driving 400+ mile days and settling in at a motel every night.

I'm hoping I-80 will have clear roads from here to Reno, and especially up around the Donner Summit. I don't think they get snow up there unless we have rain down in the valley, and we've had a couple of clear days. I don't have chains and don't intend to buy any as I don't partake in winter sports. If the roads are snowy you have to have them or they won't let you through. I could run into those situations from here to the eastern side of Wyoming, so I might as well not worry about it.

It's amazing the grand feeling you get just before striking out on a long trip, and especially a driving rather than flying trip. No jet lag for me!

11 comments:

  1. Safe travels to you! Is there a reason you have to do 400+ miles/day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have safe travels, and we will be watching your blog to see how you are doing, Stop in northern PA for a square tray of Pa. pizza. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im going with you, dont you know?,,,lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels Gypsy & don't forget to load up on some great scenery along the way. All the best to Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be safe! See you around the Chicago area, hopefully. I'll be following you close, or email me when you get close. We'll be on 80, but will meet you for a short break or a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the anticipation and excitement before a road trip is wonderful. Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fabulous & safe trip. Perfectly planned & although a lot of drive time - it sounds relaxing. I dislike flying, so I would do the same in a heartbeat.

    Best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful trip! Excited for you ;)

    ReplyDelete