Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rock Springs, WY

Yesterday I would have bet $100 dollars that this would be my last cross country trip. This evening, at the motel room, I have maps laid out over both beds in the room, so I can see possible routes. I was thinking about altering my route somewhat, but I see that it is actually the most direct and best way to travel, this time. But while I was at it, I've found a route I will try to take "next time". I hope there will be many more times.

Last time I was in Rock Springs was during a storm when I-80 was closed down. I think Rock Springs looked better under a cover of snow. There is a town somewhere in Wyoming along I-80 that I remember thinking was beautiful. Maybe it was Cheyenne?

I found an NPR radio station this afternoon that came in pretty clear, but the topics got me aggravated enough to want to call in or email the program. One was about teachers and how one has been disciplined for having a picture on Facebook having a glass of wine at a dinner. I can't believe it - it IS legal to drink a glass of wine with dinner as far as I know. I never did know much about using FB when I cancelled my account, but it seems that a friend (or anyone) can post a picture of you. I think it has gone way too far, and I'm glad I'm not part of social media (except if you call blogging "social media"). But that doesn't even mean that someone couldn't post pictures of me if they decided to. One teacher interviewed said he had to use FB because he doesn't hold class every day, and his students don't talk on the phone nor do they email - they text and use FB. Well, if they wanted to pass my class they would just have to get over it and get an email account!

The other thing that irritated me - and I care very little about sports - was the recent deal with the suspension of the Marlins' manager for a remark he made. The Cuban revolution happened over 50 years ago, and I think the Cubans in Miami should try to get over it! If they are citizens here then they need to recognize the constitutional right of free speech.

Maybe I need to go find some CD's, because radio, when it works, isn't working for me! It's a long trip, you know, but I suppose getting aggravated is better than straying over the rumble strip in the side of the highway.

I did get one photo from a rest stop in eastern Utah



The motel in Wells was really nice. Even though it faced the interstate, I couldn't hear a thing once I closed the door - from highway or local traffic. The one I'm in tonight is comfortable and even has Pergo floors which I really prefer to carpet, especially in commercial lodging, but I can hear road noise. It's not interstate, but just town traffic. I will no doubt sleep well tonight - the drive during the day makes that likely. Tomorrow will be about 100 miles longer, so I'll go to bed early.

Tune in tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh you are my hero! Trekking cross country like you are, plus planning MORE trips in the future! You go, girl.....

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's not your last trip. Now that your eyes are better you'll be doing several more trips.

    We're watching your progress and see how close you are when we get up further north.

    Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the next installment.
    It isn't the same when you are alone, but you have Lady to guard you, and keep you company.
    Happy Tails, and Trails, Penny, TX. www.pennys-tuppence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoying your road trip right along with you. Thanks!
    Have you thought about 'books on CD'? We have found them pass the time, especially on long stretches of highway.
    Used book stores are a good cheaper
    source for them or internet when
    you have mail available.
    Just a thought.
    Safe trip to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are moving right along. Glad to see everything but the lack of CDs seems to be going well. That's some beautiful country you are driving through and no snow is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad things are going better. I think you better get yourself at least one CD. You always sound so much happier when you concentrate on what makes you happy around you rather than focusing on what you don't like. I think positive thoughts breed more positive feelings and, well, the opposite just tend to breed more negative. Relax and enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved driving through Utah - they have the most beautiful scenery! That's a pretty picture of the different colors in the mountain.

    ReplyDelete