Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, April 27, 2012

Not much luck today

I set out this morning to find another historical site in the area. I had a difficult time finding it and ended up driving up a winding road for several miles and then back down again. The site turned out to be exactly where it should have been, and that is where I made the turn to go up that hill. I drove onto the grounds but found it is only open by appointment until the summer months.

I then went to a nearby kennel to see if it was a place I might want to leave Lady for a few days. One of the employees took me on a tour and showed me their kennels, runs, etc., and I decided to go ahead and set up her 4 days stay when we drive to PA for the graduation. I had Lady in the car and even brought her into the building so it would be familiar when I bring her back. It is a load off my mind to have that taken care of. I used to use a kennel in Hyde Park, but I don't think the owner liked Lady very much.

A trip to Walmart to buy a new band for my wristwatch rounded out the morning and I just decided to come home. It has been sunny for most of the day but very windy and I feel cold even though it is 45 degrees outside.

So that's it for a few days. Maybe I'll explore some more next week.

3 comments:

  1. It's always disappointing when things aren't open in "the off season" which is when I particularly like to go to avoid the crowds.

    I agree with you, 45 is cold. I'd have my little electric heater on for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you found a nice place for Lady. It is hard to leave them, but it does help when you find a place you know she'll like and they like her too.

    It's great she is feeling better. I read your previous posts and saw her pic in the field. She sure is a handsome dog. I bet she was thrilled with all the sniffing she could do.

    I would love to have seen FDR's home and I know exactly what you mean about "stuffy" museum type furniture. It's nice that his home was kept comfortable and welcoming - sort as I would imagine we felt about him when he was in office. They have the same type of statuary here in DC at his Memorial and with the waterfalls, ponds and his famous quotes etched here and there I could wander the grounds for hours [and it isn't that big!]

    Hopefully you will be able to find more things open and not disappointing like the one today. That is frustrating even if the weather is hard during the winter, shouldn't parks and monuments be open anyway? I guess I understand it isn't cost effective, but still. It IS practically May.

    Speaking of which - the warm May weather better hurry itself up and get here. I am a little weary of walking the dog in my winter coat and gloves this time of year. I don't mind dressing for true winter months - but c'mon. 40 degrees on April 27, in Virginia? Skippy don't do that. heehee

    Hopefully by next week. I am anxious to try my hand at planting a few vegetables. Wish me luck!

    Enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, I would be cold if it was 45 degrees too!

    ReplyDelete