Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A day trip south

We drove down to Sandy's parents' home today for "lunch" which turned out to be a full dinner. Her dad's sister was visiting from Puerto Rico, and many of the foods they have been serving this past week are the things they ate back in Portugal. I love the cooking too and enjoyed every bit of it - oh so many dishes, vegetables and meats, and then followed up with several desserts. I always love the espresso with a drop of sambucca at the end of the meal. Sandy's aunt has traveled and lived all over the world as a military wife, and now her daughter has been with the government in numerous parts of the world. As a traveler, although not nearly so well traveled as they are, I loved hearing the stories of the countries they've been in. It's too bad I won't fly any more because there are so many places I didn't get to. I am very happy seeing more of the U.S. the past few years though.

It has rained steadily all day, is forecast to continue for the next week, and the temperature has dropped at least 20 degrees. I'm glad my daughter-in-law was driving.

We talked to my son earlier today via Skype. Sandy showed me how to add him to my list of contacts. I have several people on my list, but only two actually can connect. I don't know the first thing about it, nor do I understand how to fix the contacts that need fixing.

I'm going to bed early tonight. I ate so much today I will actually waddle towards my bedroom!

6 comments:

  1. I laughed at the idea of you waddling toward your bedroom.

    Maybe Sandy can help you fix the contacts that need fixing. I think Skype is wonderful but with an aircard or even wifi, I'm afraid I'd use up too much bandwidth using it on the road. But then I don't know anything about it so maybe that's not true. Just seems the video would us lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some meals are made for waddling. I tried Skype but never got very far with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly understands & uses Skype a fair bit while we're on the road. I don't have a clue how it works but I suppose I should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have used skype, but it seems like the connection is to slow much of the time for a steady stream of conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See? Now you can understand how much I enjoy reading about your trips. Since I can't travel it is fun to hear all about places I have always dreamed about. You make is so real.

    The food sounds so delicious. I really feel other countries have the large meal of the day down pat - so much so than us here in the US. Sure we do Sunday dinners - but the courses, variety and amount of foods [not to mention the freshness factor] just amazes me and makes me want it more and more. If you can't tell, I love to read, talk about and EAT food. heehee

    The weather is so weird here too. Blue jeans and sweatshirts in late April? Wearing my winter coat and gloves to walk the dog at 6 am? I know we were spoiled back in March with some spectacularly warm weather and no snow this past winter, but c'mon Mother nature! I need the warmth. I do hope it warms up soon for y'all. I know how much the kids enjoy being outside with their Grandma.

    Only our daughters can manage Skype. I don't know what it is but if we want to talk to the other kids via video we have to go and ask the youngest to hook us up. How embarrassing. heehee I really have tried but this is one instance where teaching this old dog a new trick truly is impossible. No worries tho' - I don't have a cellphone either [last person in North America I'm sure] and managed this long, but it is really nice to see their faces when we can't be with them. I am so glad you got the chance to chat with your son. That is great, isn't it?

    Enjoy your week and we'll be wishing for warmer weather for all us. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very familiar with waddling. sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete