Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, October 31, 2011

Surgery News

I got tired of the waiting this morning and called the surgeon's office. The doctor's scheduler told me I could have my operation on November 15th, and if there is a cancellation on Nov. 8th I can have that. I don't believe a damn word she say though - why in the world hasn't she called me by now. I know I need to get my attitude adjusted before the 15th, and I think I will, but I am royally pissed with the whole situation. If I didn't think so highly of the surgeon and trust him implicitly, I would try to find someone else. When I think of it I have gotten a lot of work done that would haven't been accomplished if I had been laid up a month ago. I think I'm ready for a rest, but I have another week that I will work on the house and then settle down and relax the week before.

I was so tired this morning and TV is the fault. I ended up staying awake way after my usual bedtime because I got engrossed in Sasquatch. Believe it or not, I think there are such creatures and really enjoy the account of this group of "'squatch hunters". Humans think they know everything on earth there is to know, but I believe (and hope) there are creatures who can successfully evade us. Even with our night vision cameras, hunting by helicopter, sonar (in the case of the search for Nessie) and all the hi-tech equipment available to us now, these "primitive" creatures still have one over on us.

Hey, I know a lot of skeptics don't believe in much of anything they can't actually see and touch, but I think it's fun to imagine "what if". And forget aliens from other worlds - I think we should leave them alone and take care of our own planet.

I didn't do a whole lot today but paint the drawers in the bedroom closets. I don't know what to do about the doors - whether the color is too strong to include the doors; I will post a picture when I have all the topcoats on, the hardware back on, and the drawers put back in place. Then maybe the readers who comment can let me know how they see it.

I'm watching two of my granddaughters tomorrow morning from about 8 to 10:00 am. That means I have to get up a little earlier than I normally do, and I don't know if I can get Lady out or not. If I don't have time I will probably take her along and let her stay out in the back yard.

8 comments:

  1. Who says "they" are "primitive" creatures! They might just have evolved in a different way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the surgeon knows about his scheduler not calling his patients. You might want to talk to him about it. My Dr. is great and sometimes you can't get good help. He had this girl who did nothing, I had been waiting to hear about a very important test and she never called me. I needed medication for this. I kept calling and she didn't even return the calles. I actualy had to go to his office. She wasn't there after that. But I wasn't the only one to complain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, could be the case of a poor receptionist at that Doctor's office. I keep an open mind as well when it comes to the 'unexplained.' I don't blindly fall in line behind some of the popular held beliefs in the world either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the hassle of doctors and sugery. I have had my schedule changed already, and it wasn't my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does sound like it was good for
    you to have put it off but I agree you should let the doctor know in case he has no idea.

    Also with you that we should take care of our own planet and stop looking for aliens and sending things into space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As teenagers, we saw something that after we saw the Big Foots, later on TV, that had to be what it was. Scared us so bad, we never went back to that place after dark.,,,think i did a blog about it,,way back. I'm darn sure a believer! That was long ago, and no one else ever saw one, but there were 4 of us that did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looked that blog up, i did it on March 10, just in case u want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We miss you. Hope all is OK.

    ReplyDelete