Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, October 8, 2011

I should sleep well tonight

I am surrounded by boxes that need emptying and a couple of items of furniture that need to be rearranged, but I'm happy to have my comfy bed set up. It is a queen size bed, and takes up a lot of the room. I'll be happy with the bed, a chest of drawers, and a nice table next to the bed - no room for much else.

I've decided to cancel the carpet cleaning service. Since I'll definitely have to put something else down in my bedroom, and plan to eventually extend it throughout the house, I decided to apply the cost of carpet cleaning to the cost of laminate flooring. My son has agreed to come over next week to measure for me and go to look at Pergo and price it out, select a grade and color, etc. Donald and Joe will put it down for me, and I'm comfortable with that because Joe and Sarah did their entire house a few years back.

I have to really be thankful for my son-in-law, Donald. He went with me to pick up the truck, drove it to and from storage, and moved just about everything himself. I carried a few items, but for the most part he wouldn't let me do any work. He got everything in the truck so we only had to make one trip, and then he moved most of it into the house. Jeannie came along and helped with the boxes and putting things away in the kitchen. The entire house is still a mess with boxes and items everywhere, but eventually it will all come together. There is a lot I can do even a couple of days after surgery, as long as I don't lift anything heavy.

I've found that just about the only good thing on TV is RFD-TV, recommended by Dizzy-Dick. I thought I'd be able to get the National Geographic channel, but get a message that I haven't subscribed to that channel. I called DirecTV and found I could have Nat Geo for $5 a month extra. I think I'm paying enough for the few channels I watch, but I'm finding a lot to like about RFD-TV - not all of it, but a lot.

When I feel like trying, I will modify the Guide so that I don't have to scroll through hundreds of stations I can't even view as well as the ones I will never want to view.

No pictures tonight, but maybe when I get my act together and my house in order.

8 comments:

  1. It's great to have young men with muscles help us out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for the younger generation. Todd really helped his Dad out this summer with some heavy stuff and made life so much better. So glad you have your own bed and hopefully you had a great night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like RFD-TV, it has nothing on it that the whole family can't view. I am glad you like it. Last night I watched from 17:00 until 21:00. Music night, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been letting my nephews do a lot for me around my house. They do it so much faster and easier than I could, leaving me time to get other things done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great son in law you have. I think your idea to use the carpet cleaning money for the floor is a good one since the flooring is what you really want.

    Sleep well snug in your own little nest.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still trying to figure out what the RFD stands for in RFD-TV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My two cents ... DON'T do Pergo. We recently bought a 'fixer-upper' and were thrilled to see it had Pergo nearly everywhere - NOT!

    1. Noise - it's like living in a bowling alley

    2. Dust - gottaa mop it several times a day

    3. NEVER in a bath - we had water issues and the plies have delaminated around the base of each commode.

    Were going with seamless vinyl and porcelain tile. Just an FYI before you invest a lot of $$$.

    LdB

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do pay enough and that $5/mo extra causes customer grief. DIRECTV customers are about to get the raw end of the deal come November 1st because Fox and DIRECTV dispute will kill 40% of there sports channels and working for another cable company (DISH) I can tell you there will be nothing the representatives can do about it.

    ReplyDelete