Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Even the little things . . .

. . . make me worn out. Today I painted the insides of a couple of closets and they look much brighter. I can start hanging up my clothes and putting things away in drawers, at least in the non-smoking room. It's getting a little better, and I think when we finally get the grubby carpet up it will improve 500%.

I cooked a superb meal tonight - in fact the past 3 nights. I'm determined to increase my protein intake as well as calories, so it's been fish and/or chicken, with organic sauteed greens, and boiled red potatos smothered in cheddar. I put a box of Klondike bars into my shopping cart the other day. Couldn't bring myself to read the ingredients, but now and then is ok I figure. I've only had one so far - I ate too much dinner to even want to think about dessert.

One of the commenters to yesterday's blog asked me if my granddaughter began to bark (after sampling Lady's food). She hasn't done that, although she does beg for treats.

Speaking of dogs, I want to call attention to the fact that PBS's NOVA will be airing "Dogs Decoded" tonight. Check your local listings for time and channel. Here is a quick description of some of what the program will be about:

"Dogs Decoded" reveals the science behind the remarkable bond between humans and their dogs and investigates new discoveries in genetics that are illuminating the origin of dogs—with surprising implications for the evolution of human culture. Other research is proving what dog lovers have suspected all along: Dogs have an uncanny ability to read and respond to human emotions. Humans, in turn, respond to dogs with the same hormone responsible for bonding mothers to their babies. How did this incredible relationship between humans and dogs come to be? And how can dogs, so closely related to fearsome wild wolves, behave so differently?"

4 comments:

  1. I've definitely bonded with my girls. And they sure haven't given me the grief my child did. lol When do you think you'll get rid of that carpet? Hope it's soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to tell you. I let Jim stop and get an ice cream cone today and he was in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just asking, but why can't u get the carpet out now, do the floor whenever u can? I've had to do that here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now there's a problem I'd like to have needing to put on more calories. Ate too much for desert is something that I don't think has ever happened to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete