Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, October 9, 2011

See ya in a few days

I spent the day opening boxes and pulling things out I had a place for. I ended up with several empty boxes so I guess I made some headway. I went out this morning and spent a horrendous amount of money replenishing staples and other food, and I don't have half of what I need. I think I'm down to about zero on this month's money!

I don't have to worry about that because I won't be doing much shopping for a while after surgery (Tues. 10/11). I'm getting my hair cut really short tomorrow and will then go to Jeannie's where I will be spending the next couple of nights. I figure I should be able to come home Wednesday or Thursday.

If I ever move again, and I surely hope I won't, I will have a cleaning service come in and do a thorough cleaning job. That is where I'm getting hung up - every time I start filling a new cabinet I have to first clean the shelves. It would have been nice to have the time to do it all before moving in, but there was simply too much to do. I also wanted to get my belongings out of storage so I don't have that monthly bill any more, so this is how it ended up. To top it off I won't be able to get the painting finished for quite a while - my bedroom was what concerned me most and now it is done except for the flooring.

I cancelled the carpet cleaning which is a relief. I can't imagine having it done right now while things are so upside down.

I mentioned watching RFD-TV in my last blog, and for you city dwellers RFD stands for Rural Free Delivery, so the programming has a countrified slant. It covers the whole country and Saturday night I watched a program from Michigan featuring a polka band and polka dancing. The participants were all ages, even teen-aged boys! My 4 yr old granddaughter was here, and she who sings along with Lady Gaga like she was recording the songs herself, began to tap her feet to the polka beat. She wanted her little sister to dance with her, but the 2 yr old is in the terrible two stage and doesn't do anything you want her to (mostly), so Grandma danced with Autumn. Now I wasn't swinging around a dance floor, but the little dancing I was doing plumb wore me out! Looking at the old geezers on TV made me wonder how they get that kind of stamina. There is very little break between numbers, so the band as well as the dancers get a real work-out. So did Grandma. The show reminded me of about 39 years ago when we went to a Polish wedding in Port Huron, MI, as the music was the same. I never learned to polka in the Eastern European style, but danced polka mostly with Italians. It's happy music however you look at it.

I'll be back online in a few days, and in the meantime I won't be able to read or comment on any blogs. I won't even take my computer with me.

15 comments:

  1. I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll all be here waiting for you when you feel like posting again. We'll miss you. As far as dancing, you need to do it every day for a few months and then you could dance all over the floor again. I've told myself that many times but it doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you good thoughts for an easy surgery & speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a speedy recovery and that all goes as planned. You know, I don't see too much difference in dancing the polka or the Texas two-step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ur in my prayers. Will really miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take your time and get better soon. We will wait for you to post when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck Gypsy..You will be good as new before long!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My very best wishes and prayers for your quick recovery, Gypsy.
    Happy Tails to Lady, and Happy Trails to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you positive thoughts, healing energy and prayers for a speedy recovery.

    Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoping your surgery is completely successful and your recovery quick. Enjoy being pampered or at least that's what they are supposed to do to patients!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We'll be here, so get yourself healed up and don't worry so much about getting your place all straightened out. There's plenty of time for that......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure hope everything has turned out well for you. I like the colour of the cabinets. I don't think I would paint them.

    ReplyDelete