Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A day of chilling out

I was exhausted last night after the baby shower ended, and I decided I was going to just vegetate today, which I've done.

The shower went very well and everyone had a great time. It was a coed shower, which adds a really nice dimension to the party, and a number of folks brought children so we had a full house. The cake, made by Donald, was one of his best to date, in my opinion. The taste and texture were wonderful, and he made the decorations as well, including the carousel animals.



I didn't take many photos because much of the time I was joined at the hip with a one-year-old granddaughter, and I loved every tiring minute of it!

I had a number of compliments on the crab dip and the meatballs. One of the guys was popping a meatball into his mouth, with a this-is-heaven expression on his face, and said, "Mmmmmm, these Kirkland meatballs are really good!" (Kirkland is Costco's ready made & cooked brand). Steve happened to be right there and told him "Those aren't from Kirkland, my mom made those herself!"

Steve & Megan got lots of nice baby gifts and the party was a great success. Now Jeannie and I are going to another baby shower for her at her mom's house in Yuba City next Saturday, and I will probably enjoy the food more because I don't have to fix anything. When I cook I don't enjoy eating it, usually. There were other delicious dishes, of course, that I didn't fix myself, but I was too keyed up and tired at the same time to really taste anything (except the cake). The cake was superb!



I threw chicken and some vegetables into the crockpot today so I will have a balanced meal tonight and probably for a few more nights. I know I'll be ready for pork chops when it's all gone!

5 comments:

  1. Great looking cake and I'm glad your meatballs were a big success! The crockpot dinner sounded pretty good too! I'm not surprised your so tired after such a hectic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake was fabulous. Glad you had a piece of it. Hope you've recovered some of your strength today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can always fall back on a good old crockpot recipe when time is short or I just don't feel like fussing with a meal.

    That cake looked fabulous. Glad everyone had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, just read your blog & gained another 2 pounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the trouble with crock pots. By the time you get everything you want in them, you have to eat the stuff for two weeks straight! :)

    ReplyDelete