Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, August 2, 2010

Another kick-back day

Although I did nothing yesterday except stay quiet, I am more tired today. I guess everything is slower at my age, and it takes an extra day for the exhaustion to catch up with me.

I had to go by the eye clinic to ask for a refill on eye drops I am supposed to use 4 times a day. I can see a great improvement in my eyesight, except that reading gets blurry. I hope and pray glasses will fix that.

While so close to my son, Joe's house, I stopped by and had a nice visit with him and my two granddaughters. He is between school terms and wasn't cramming for a class. The girls are so sweet, and Kiera, the baby finally let me hold her. She is a daddy's girl right now, but she even fell asleep for her nap while I was holding her. I guess I haven't lost my touch. Every time I'm around the kids I wonder how in the world I raised four of them. My kids wonder the same thing, and it's good to know they think back and realize how I devoted those years to them. At least I hope they realize it.

My internet connection is so bad, and especially with blogs it seems to time out just when I'm trying to leave a comment. I am up to 4200kb on my 5gb limit on the aircard, but I should be able to make it to Aug. 6th when it rolls over to a new month.

It is getting more and more difficult to read some of the blogs and hear about the beautiful weather in Montana and Wyoming, as well as the cool mountain tops in the Hill Country of Texas. I'm only remembering these two at the moment, but there are other places on the continent where I'd love to be. Gumo's blog got me to thinking about stargazing and astronomy, and Don and Pidge have me longing to finally get to see Montana. And Laurie and Odel are enjoying the UP of Michigan, which I'm hoping to get to in the near future. At least I can travel vicariously in the blog world.

5 comments:

  1. You are welcome to come on out to Texas and star gaze any time you like. You would have a great time & we would benefit from getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way your kid's still hang around with you, Gypsy, they obviously still remember how much time you devoted to each of them! And, they seem to be very grateful of that. They are now doing the same thing with their own children - so, the apples didn't fall far from the tree in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, things sure slow down as we age. Sometimes that seems OK & other times it just plain scares the bejeebers out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everything slows down, but time. It just zips on by now. Thanks for the mention in your blog. I see a few new people reading mine that I haven't seen before. I really do hope your eyes are getting better and glasses will solve the problem. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your eye is better, time heals. I hope you get more strength and not be tired all the time. Things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete