Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, August 13, 2010

Better days are here!

After the day I had yesterday, Friday the 13th was a welcome event! I have always had very good luck on Friday the 13th, and this could partially be due to the fact that I love the number 13 and expect any day with that number to be a fine one.

I spent the morning watching my youngest granddaughter (Arianna) and visiting with my oldest (Ara). The baby is so cute and funny - really has a terrific personality. But when she sees or hears her mom or dad when they return, she turns into a screaming little kid until one of them picks her up. All in all I had a fun morning.

Steve returned my truck today and I feel reconnected with an old friend. Reading Tioga George's blog about changing the brake fluid, I realize I haven't done that in the two years I had the truck, and I truly doubt the previous owner worried about it. So my next oil change I will ask if they think I need it changed. Fortunately the garage owner who services my truck when I'm in Sacramento is just as likely to tell me I don't need something as to tell me I do. I found a mechanic like that in Asheville, and also in New York, so I feel more trust in them than I would in a dealer's service department.

I don't know how dealers can keep their customers, the way they bilk people for unneeded work and procedures. Even if I bought a brand new vehicle, which I'm not likely to do, I wouldn't take it back for service. (I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, so my apologies in case I have a reader who is with an auto dealer service department. I have no doubt there are qualified techs in those places, but I would be willing to bet they are required by management policy to do as much as they think the customer will pay for. I've been burned before, but no more.)

Tomorrow I will try to take some panoramic pictures. I just haven't had the opportunity so far, and hope it works reasonably well.

Next week I have something to do on Tuesday, but the rest of the week I am going to stay in bed at least until 8 am, take long naps, and be as lazy as I can. If I feel like it I might even take the dog for a long walk down along the river. I have neglected her the past few weeks, so I'll have to make it up to her, and letting her sniff every plant stem and blade of grass for a mile or so should get me back in her good graces.

5 comments:

  1. Paulette and I were married on a Friday the 13th, so I'm with you on that being a lucky day(what a suck I am)!!

    It's good to have a mechanic who will give you a straight answer to the question "do I need a xxxx?"

    A walk along the river will definitely get you in Lady's good books and probably do a world of wonder for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying in bed until 8 am each morning sounds great! Long walks with a dog just can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just picture Lady jumping for joy just thinking about those walks. We also had a great Friday the 13th. Glad your day went so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to have a good day! And wherever you have your car serviced, it's a good idea to have someone explain just WHY a certain thing is needed. Make 'em think a little bit and exercise their creative juices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sleeping and resting sounds like a good plan. I usually still get up at 6:00am. Why? I'm retired and have been for years. I need to gravitate toward your way of thinking. I still haven't mastered the panorama picture thing, but I won't give up. Stay safe, Pidge

    ReplyDelete