Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A drive to the Sierra Foothills with Susan

Susan picked me up a little before 8 am, and we were on our way to the Foothills, destination Bassi Falls - about 60 or so miles from here. I did get to try out the panorama setting on my camera, but it looks to me like I still need some software to "stitch" the 3 photos together. I'm not sure I will take it any further. Here are the 3 I took in succession, but I don't think I can set them up side by side in my blog.





We followed some fuzzy directions to get to the falls but never were able to find it. The creek pictured here was all but dry, so I imagine the falls would have been unimpressive also.




I have difficulty seeing the screen on the camera to begin with, but with the glare of the sun it was impossible, so I had to literally point and shoot.

All in all it is an area I love, not far from home, peaceful and quiet among the tall trees, and with mountains not too far away. The sun did get hot by mid-morning. Here is another shot I took from US 50, although I'm not sure if it was going or coming.


It was a fine day, and I got home in time to give Lady some much needed attention. Now for her walk, and then I get to put my feet up and rest.

13 comments:

  1. Those screens on the cameras are hard to see especially when it's bright and sunny. I really miss the viewfinder but they're hard to find on any point and shoot anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily I have a viewfinder on my Fujifilm camera in addition to the screen. I didn't realize some point and shoots didn't have them. Your pics are lovely! Such a beautiful location to be in. Glad you enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos - I've lived in Placerville, Camino and Pollock Pines, and the Western Slope of the Sierras was my absolutely favorite place to live. I'm in San Diego now, and really miss the trees, snow, clean air, and the people. When I have my RV, I'll be traveling back up there for sure. We can meet up! I enjoy reading you blog : )
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, Gypsy. Sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent you an email, Gypsy. Those cameras can be a pain. but you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think getting out in nature was good medicine for you. It is for me. Sometimes inget cabin fever even in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! My camera does that too but have never tried it! I have enough trouble just shooting the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures Gypsy....What a beautiful country we live in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, maybe you should have taken Lady with you on the hike. Could she have sniffed out the water fall? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must be great to live close to all that beauty. I have the same problem with my camera. After the sun comes out, forget it, you just have to guess and that's why I mess up a lot of my shots. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a lovely day out and about. Much better than your Thursday fiasco!

    Glad things are looking up.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm an old 'viewfinder guy from way back & will not likely ever change that. There are times when the big screen on the back comes in handy but I could not go to a cam without a viewfinder. Just another example of 'newer is not always better.' Nice pics for sure. Ya did good, girl.......

    ReplyDelete