Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, August 6, 2010

T.G.I.F.

My internet connection held for a little longer yesterday evening, so I checked my air card usage. I used 4455 out of 5120 "whatevers". I always have problems converting from bytes to kilobytes to megabytes, and now I have to deal with gigs! That was running it pretty close, but now it's set back to zero to start out a new month. I usually never use that much of my allotment, but listened to a number of chapters of an audio book about Dec. 21, 2012, the end of the Mayan calendar. I also discovered Pandora internet radio as well as how to access my favorite bluegrass music station from WAMU in Washington, DC. Good thing I mostly stay away from videos.

I went out for a brief jaunt this morning and was surprised at how much traffic was on the roads at 10:00 a.m. Well it's Friday, "Furlough Friday" as is the case, when the state workers have to take a day off work without pay. That explains the extra traffic at least, and I am thankful this week is drawing to a close. What a week it has been - tempers have been flaring and everything seems to come out wrong. I'll be glad when things, and people, get back to somewhat normal. Maybe my computer will follow suit.

It's amazing how many good deals on small RV's I can find when I can't follow up on anything. Will the albatross ever sell and allow me to pursue my dreams?

Now I will end before I put my foot in my mouth, and wish all of you a good weekend.

7 comments:

  1. It's so frustrating to feel as though you are in a holding pattern. Waiting, waiting, waiting ... adn the days keep on going by while we wait to follow our heatr's desire.

    You're doing a good job of making the most of the time what with recovery from eye surgery and time with family.

    Hope you have a better sleep tonight. Sometimes 'Nanna Naps' during the day help. Do hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know Gypsy, some of us are just more darn better at putting our foot's in our mouths than others. I think you & I should be mighty proud of ourselves for leading this whole pack of blogging folks down a shaky, but exciting street. Well, sometimes it's exciting isn't it:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got your internet working efficiently today, Gypsy. Those things get sooooooo frustrating to me and I confess, I have little patience when our service runs amuck.

    Foot-in-mouth disease....we all have it from time to time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it seems to have been a long, hard week for some reason and I'm glad it's Friday.

    Maybe next week will turn out to be the magic one and something will happen with your 5th wheel - sure hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be the stars, we seem to be having a tougher week than usual, as well.

    Lets all hope for improvement in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping next week will be better and the fiver sells soon. Waiting is always the hardest part (to paraphrase some song I remember).

    We use pandora and love it. I especially like the fact that I can listen to whatever type of music I'm in the mood for. We have a Bose sound deck and plug one of our iPhones into it. The sound is awe..... err, amazing.
    --Rod

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you coming week is better! I hope it is cooler here in Texas and I will be in a better mood too! Sometime "stuff" just happens.

    ReplyDelete