Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Post Thanksgiving

"Early" wasn't the word for when I went to sleep last night.  I was in bed and probably out like a light by 7:30 pm!  I slept in until 8 or so this morning, so I should be well rested.

I briefly thought of going to Costco early but that didn't tempt me too  much.  I decided to attend an afternoon meeting of a local organization which had a speaker I wanted to hear.  I might as well have stayed home - the speaker is a brilliant man but not the best public speaker, and some of the folks around me were whispering loudly to each other throughout the presentation; I was glad when it was over.  Next time I'm taking a seat closer to the speaker.

It rained most of the night and the skies have been cloudy all day, so it would have been a good day to stay home.  Thank goodness the traffic wasn't as heavy as I expected it to be.  

Nothing much going on here, so I will probably spend the evening reading or else watching a TV program or two that I've recorded.   Maybe I can get back on more of a schedule than I've had for the past few days, although I'll have to say I enjoyed being with family immensely and it was worth every minute of disrupted normal sleep patterns.  

4 comments:

  1. Why is it that the best sleep is just before waking in the morning and then falling back to sleep for a few more winks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Routines are meant to be broken when you're with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so envy you! Wish I could go to sleep early:(

    I briefly entertained the idea of going to Home Depot and HEB (a grocery store) but decided it could wait till tomorrow or Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found myself tired much earlier than usual too. I'd rather go hiking than shopping on black Friday.

    ReplyDelete