Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Birthday Fun

We celebrated Jeannie's birthday on Saturday.   Her choice for cake was German Chocolate.  Here's the cake and the baker!  (Click on a picture to enlarge.)






The best present Jeannie could have received was to have all her family present - husband and 3 daughters.






Joe with Amy's daughter Stephanie.  Steph and Ara planned her trip back when we were in Baltimore, and Steph was the only person who knew she was coming for her Mom's birthday.  She picked her up at the airport and drove her to Jeannie.



Sarah:




Amy:


Donald and Martha, his Mom:







Today, Sunday, we celebrated Keira's 5th birthday at their new house.  One of the fun things they got was a bounce house for the kids, and Ara finally gave in to her "kid" persona.  Of course the other kids jumped all over her:









And then, as always, there is the cornhole game:






It's been fun celebrating the past two days.  Ara is here until Tuesday, I believe, and then comes back for Christmas vacation and Autumn's birthday on the 18th of December.

Joe and Sarah just recently moved into their new house, and still have furniture and a couple of appliances to buy.  It is beautiful and the lot is large enough to add a pool, which they intend to do.  They also added a gate for an RV on one side of the house, although no one in the family has an RV so far.

Steve and Meg just moved into a new house in Sacramento, and I haven't seen it as yet.  I understand they also have a huge yard (by California standards), and I'm anxious to visit them.

I'm exhausted, but it sure has been a fun weekend for me - I am happy when I have my kids and grandkids around me.  I also know how much it would have meant to Bill (my ex) had he lived, as he was also very family oriented, especially in his later years.  I hope my grandchildren continue the trend and stay close to one another.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see everyone enjoying themselves. I didn't see a picture of you in the bounce house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend for you. I love their kitchen. Nice family gather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking cake, wish I had a piece. I hope you are out of your doldrums now. Family can be envigorating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a great family gathering... you are so lucky to have such a good family to include you!

    ReplyDelete