Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 7, 2014

In the Neighborhood

I had planned to walk at Mather this morning and then stop at a Rite Aid or Walgreens to find something for my heartburn.  It's driving me crazy and appears a couple of hours after meals.   I decided at the last minute to just walk around my neighborhood, and quit after a mile.  It's much more difficult walking on the paved road than at Mather where at least half the walk is on packed sand or dirt.  But I finished it, then got in my car and even turned the ignition on.  I decided to just try some peppermint tea when hit with heartburn and see if it helps.  The tea, while still in a sealed package, has been on the shelf for a while.  I may have to resort to Tums or similar.

During the first half of my walk I had to listen to a firestorm of yappy little dogs.  Even when their owners try to shush them, they still bark even louder.  I definitely could not deal with that behavior.

Having been pretty much immobile for the last month, I have resorted to watching a lot of television.  I figured out how to deal with the DVR and record a lot of shows I want to watch, but want to fast forward through commercials.  I mostly like the science and history programs, but have noticed that there are an awful lot of WWII documentaries and I'm getting pretty tired of hearing about Adolph Hitler!

The science and pseudo science programs lean heavily toward alien visitation and presence on the earth.  I have an open mind about it, and have little doubt that there are many other worlds with civilizations, and surely some of them are visiting ours.  But some of the stuff on TV is ridiculous, especially the theory that ancient man had absolutely no brains in his head and had to be taught everything by alien visitors.   On the other hand, there are a lot of humans today without a brain in their heads and could use a little alien tutoring!

The above paragraphs show how desperately I need a little human contact rather than the substitute of media.  Tomorrow is Jeannie's birthday party and I'm looking forward to being among lots of happy people! 

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree. Somewhere in the universe there just has to be some form of life. What I don't agree with is that they visited our planet and seeded it with life. I prefer to believe in the Bible. Anyway, the distances are way too great for interstellar travel and no close by stars have habitable planets. It would take many, many years to travel to or from any possible planet that could bear life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can get out more pretty soon. Not easy to stay isolated if you are a people person. I very seldom get neartburn but if I do, Tums always work. I find that after eating too much greasy stuff and sweets my heartburn kicks in. If I eat that stuff in small doses I am fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the heartburn. That seems very odd. Where did it come from? The barking dogs is definitely why I hate walking through neighborhoods. Why in the world don't people train their pets. I think you are pretty desperate if you are resorting to Aliens speculation. LOL . Maybe you need to go back to the gym and just sit in the hot tub for some companionship. Glad you are going over to Jeannie's and to hear that she is feeling so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a doxie and he is such a love he rarely barks and it's mostly when someone knocks on the door. But a snap of my fingers and he quits. Some of the neighbors have these annoying barkers and it just doesn't seem to bother them at all.

    Tea will last a long time as long as it is sealed. Hope that works for you.

    Yes you need to get our more to much TV is bad for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound like you could use a little fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candied ginger helps me with a sour tummy.
    Also my doctor had me taking a Tagamet an hour before eathing and then a Gavison right after eating. Both work well for me relying on the latter when it's really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is the benefit of my wisdom after 30 years or more of reflux disease and heartburn. When you're young, you usually have too much acid. That's when the doctors ply you with Nexium, Tagamet etc etc. I've taken them all over the years. Rolaids, Tums and Gaviscon etc are all acid blockers for too much stomach acid.

    When you age you go in the opposite direction (usually)and have too little stomach acid. The symptoms are the same and doctors do not recognize low stomach acid. I found this out through going to a naturopath. Instead of acid blockers try apple cider vinegar but not just the kind you get in the grocery store. It has to be the kind with the 'mother'. I use Braggs. I used to take it straight but you can mix it in some water. You can also buy hydrochloric acid at the health food store. About 2 months of hydrochloric acid cleared my problem. I still have reflux disease so I can't eat some things but if I feel an episode coming on I take 1/2 a hydrochloric acid pill before my largest meal of the day. Good luck, hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete