Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 14, 2014

A Fine Friday!

I won't become a year older until 5:45 pm today.   My dad used to call me every Nov. 14th and tell me "In ** minutes you will be ** years old".   I really didn't care to be reminded back then, but I'd sure love to hear his voice today.   Well, maybe not just yet - I'll join him and my mom soon enough!

Jeannie/Donald and Steve/Meg will be going with me to a local brewery later today.  I didn't even realize we had one just a little over a mile from where I live.  

I was astonished to find that all "American" breweries are now owned by foreign brewers.  I think at one time Cincinnati had well over 100 breweries in that city alone, and I'm sure Milwaukee was the same.  And to think we don't have one of them any more!  That's when I decided to quit drinking Millers and PBR, and start drinking only local brews.  I've always believed in buying everything local when possible, and I know Sacramento as well as other cities have micro-breweries that turn out a good product.

So today we are going to the micro-brewery near my house and visit their tasting room, where I'm hoping to find a brew I love.   I don't drink much of anything now, so I can afford to pay more for something that is local.

The visit to the gym last night was a bit disappointing as they had the biggest part of the area closed off.  They are replacing the flooring and the only areas available were the cardio section (which I don't care much for), and a section of free weights.   It was good to be back, even though the facilities were somewhat limited.   

I got on the scale at the gym and nearly fell off when I saw the reading - 130.2# .  I haven't weighed 130 since the year 2000!  I might be overdoing it on the snacks and sweets and should probably look more closely at eating the right foods.   If 130 sneaked up on me like this, then 140 can be here before I know it.  Although I feel pretty good about 130, I'd prefer to not go over 140 at the max and should probably stop right where I am while most of my clothes still fit!

Today is going to be a good day!

 

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Gypsy. I hope all your dreams come true in the next year and beyond. Celebrate!!!!! Keep looking at the road maps and dream. Hugs, Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Gypsy, and don't burn the house down with all those candles (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course he told you you were 39... Didn't he????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy birthday to you. Hope you find a brew that you like so you can have a nice treat once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday-hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday and many more! Hope you enjoy the local brewery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday whatever your real age is.

    Yuengling Brewery of Pottsville, PA and Tampa, FL is an American owned brewery that has been around since 1829. They sell a lot of beer east of the Mississippi River and don't want to expand any further than that. Great beer in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!

    We have a few local micro breweries here in town. But since I don't drink beer couldn't tell you if they are good or not.

    Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and a good brewski!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY for gaining the weight. What is your snack secret? I got the sweets part down [I bake all the time] but it isn't coming back. Phooey. I bet it is the gym too. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete