Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 21, 2014

Another week raced by!

I can't believe how fast the weeks stream by.  Another weekend is here but I doubt if I'll do anything exciting or fun, but maybe exciting and fun is determined by how I look at what I do.

I'm feeling pretty good after a workout at the gym last night.   I  have to get back to exercising regularly, even if I have to go by myself.  I'd much rather go with Jeannie though.

It has been chilly the past few days with rain now and then.  I haven't yet turned the furnace on in my house, and rely on warm clothes and my Lazko space heater.  I use a lightweight down comforter on my bed and am very comfortable at night.  Sometimes it is actually warmer outside than it is in my house!

I may have mentioned previously that I had an appointment next week with a dermatologist whose office is near the downtown area - where I don't feel comfortable driving.  I called today to ask if I would be seeing the dermatologist on Tuesday and having the mole removed in the same visit.  They said no, this would be a consultation and they would determine that it is not "cosmetic".  I can't believe what they do to rack up the visits to charge Medicare for.   If a dermatologist can't tell upon looking if it is cosmetic, then what the hell kind of doctor is he or she?  I wear my hair so that it covers it to begin with (it's right at the hairline), so cosmetic has nothing to do with it.  I cancelled the appointment!  No doubt they would want to schedule a follow up appointment after removing the growth, a total racket in my opinion.  I will try to find an independent who is not affiliated with any of the major medical groups, and who is closer to my home and with free parking.  I hate parking garages and meters!

 I am already missing my sweet pastries but I guess I can get used to it.  One thing that is not on the list of low-carb foods that I can't give up is potatoes.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Boy, I agree! I had a mole that I wanted to have checked, and had to schedule an appointment with a dermatologiest. I remember back in the day when the doctor would check it, made a decision, and if in doubt, take it off. I even had a physician's assistant cut out two small skin cancers on my arm. Now General Practicioners don't do it. Racquet for sure! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently went to have a mole checked on my cheek he said is this cosmetic? I laughed and said at my age I could care less, but that it had been red and itchy. He said it looked fine but didn't like the looks of the one on my temple and took it off. I received a call about a week later to let me know it was fine. No follow up no nonsense I liked that. But I know what your saying some of these Dr's are out to make a killing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really having problems figuring out the modern medical system. . but then I just followed the money trail. I liked the good old fashion doctors that took care of everything. I even had my tonsils out in our doctor's office. Bet you couldn't do that today. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right there with you Gypsy about doctors. For all the talk about evidence-based medicine, we really live in an era of "reimbursement based medicine". Doctors do what they get paid for and as many visits as they can get paid for. Hope you can find someone closer and interested in making it easier for you not more remunerative for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are correct that eating carbs will help you put on weight. And, BTW potatoes are one of the 'good' carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you have a Crock-Pot, fill it with sweet potatoes. No need to heat up the oven to bake them.

    They are the perfect snack (next to hummus!) for me. They are sweet enough to satisfy the need, yet have so many health benefits, you can feel good about eating them. No muss, no fuss, no bother. Just scoop out the insides with a spoon and throw away the "dish" (skin) that you ate it out of! Give it time to hit bottom, and your craving for a sweet will have vanished.

    I filled my Crock-Pot yesterday with sweet potatoes, white potatoes, carrots and butternut squash.

    Come dinnertime, I sliced up some roast pork into some BBQ sauce and let it simmer until the sauce coated the slices nicely. Dinner was on the table in minutes.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete