Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Following up

I have racked up a lot of things I need to follow up on, make phone calls or write  emails on, etc.  Today I really made a dent in my list, and I feel positively virtuous about it!   Are there readers out there who do the same thing - procrastinate until the eleventh hour?  
 
The only time I left the house today was a trip to Costco.  I believe I went up and down every single aisle, but bought very little.  The only treat I got myself was a package of little sweet cakes with raspberry filling!  I ate two of them after lunch and they are ok.  They are very small - about two bites worth each.   There are berries and other fruit I like better than raspberry, but they will do.   I was still able to get strawberries from California, but the blueberries were from South America so I didn't buy them.  I'm a "buy local" person to the extent I can."

This is "Space Week" on the Science channel, and I'm recording everything that sounds interesting to me.  I prefer to watch and be able to fast forward through the stupid, monotonous commercials.   For not having a scientific mind I am really interested in scientific subjects.  I doubt if it would have made a difference for me, but when I was in high school I could count on one hand the number of girls who did well in science (I went to an all girls' high school).   It was really pathetic the way girls were limited to feminine pursuits in those days.  Home Economics was always a large class.  I managed to escape it!

We might get some rain tonight.  It is badly needed, but I doubt there will be enough to make a dent in the drought. 
 



 

5 comments:

  1. It is a good feeling when you get caught up so why do we not keep it up?

    I loved science and did well in it. Home economics not so much either.

    Hoping you get some good rain tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went to high school in Chicago, girls weren't allowed to compete in sports. All I could do was try out for the synchronized swimming group. I'm glad things have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that procrastination was a way of life for everyone, especially me. The only thing I don't procrastinate is in the blogging world. But sometimes I go back weeks or months and leave a comment. I wonder if anyone ever checks back that far?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your list. I just love crossing things off. I had completely forgotten about home ec. Our daughters have no idea how far we have come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually keep a list of things to do, so I have no excuses:)

    ReplyDelete