Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, November 17, 2014

What's wrong with me?

Why do I ask?  I just drove to Costco and walked around the store, but left without buying anything!  I must be coming down with something.

I then stopped at the gym on my way home to inquire why my bill was $30 more this month.  I thought if the membership went up $30 a month I would have to cancel it.  It turns out that every year at this time, every member gets charged an extra $30 to pay for new equipment, etc.  I guess it's ok because they really have the best of equipment, and anything you could want in the way of keeping fit.

I drove from there to my mechanic to see if I could get an oil change and whatever else they do.  I'm at 105k+ miles!  They can do the work at 1 pm, so I have my timer set to alert me 15 minutes before that.  It's only a few blocks away and I can get there in 5 minutes.   It's a good thing I didn't spend any money at Costco!

 I have an appointment with the dentist office tomorrow for a cleaning, so I need to get my bottle of antibiotics out so I don't forget to take 4 pills one hour before.  I haven't decided on the Valium yet - I usually take one an hour before I go in and never feel any effects from it.  I might carry it with me and arrive at the office early so I can take the Valium.  In the past Joe has always driven me, but now he is out of school and working.

I'm going to stay with Jeannie's girls this afternoon while the parents go to school for a conferene with Autumn's teacher.  It's that time of year again, and they already got glowing reports from Arianna's teacher.  Jeannie mentioned that I should stay for supper, and I always love eating Dionald's cooking!   I'm eating a light lunch so I have plenty of room for whatever delectable foods he will be cooking.

That's about it for my Monday.  Tomorrow I need to sweep up all the leaves in my driveway - from the crape myrtle tree in the front yard.  I can't stand that tree - it drops so many leaves but doesn't have much in the way of flowers.  I'd love to have it cut down and replaced with something simple that doesn't lose its leaves, but it does block some of the fierce summer sun that heats up my kitchen so badly.

5 comments:

  1. I am always happy when I can go to a store and not find anything I really need:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on buying nothing at Costco. I only go in a store if I absolutely need something so I haven't come out with nothing in a long time. I'd be saving up room for Donald's dinner too. I always though Crepe Myrtle trees were beautiful. I wonder why yours doesn't have lots of gorgeous flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure wouldn't drive after taking a Valium. I'd also have a hard time turning down a meal that someone else offered to cook for me. Cooking for one is such a bore. It's hard to get excited about it at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto everything that Judith Bell said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep I agree with the above, love eating food someone else prepares.

    Not buying something is a good thing

    ReplyDelete