Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, June 30, 2014

I'm back

We all packed up yesterday and left the campsite by Noon.   The traffic on I-80 was awful - not so many trucks but lots of cars driving fast.  The roadway is 3 lanes on each side most of the way, but it curves and winds around the mountains.  The scenery, if you can take your eyes off the road for a second, is some of the most beautiful I've seen anywhere.

It was so cool in the mountains between 4000 and 5000 ft. in elevation, but much hotter in Sacramento.  Today it will climb up to 108 so I will need to go out early to run any errands I want, and then kick back and stay home for the afternoon.  I want to go to the gym this evening.

I took two cameras with me and both gave me problems, so I used whichever worked at the time.  When I put the cards into my computer to upload the photos, they end up in different areas of iPhoto, so selecting the pictures is going to take a while.

Here are a couple of pics from just before I got to the CG and when I first arrived.  The CG was so quiet except for the noise from nearby Rt. 20.  It was very noticeable the first 24 hours and then I found I just didn't hear much of it.  (Please click on a picture to enlarge it.)






My new tent, and Thursday night's campfire. 









The rest of the family arrived on Friday:

Steve relaxing:



Meg, with hers and Steve's tent in the background:



Jeannie & Donald setting up, with Steve supervising:




Anyone for a bike ride?



I switched to my big tent and just had to be careful with the zippers, which tent to pull away from the teeth.



Joe & Sarah bought a new tent for the trip and it is a big one.  Even has a back door (so they can sneak out without the kids!)




Jeannie & Arianna were tired out after all that work:



The guys spent a lot of time trying to light a fire without matches.  They made a spindle and all, and got smoke but never an ember.  I'm going to send them all to survival school:





Right here I apologize for the length of this entry and all the pictures.  I'll continue tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. HEY!!! Where's the rest of the pictures.
    I'm just gonna take a wild guess here, but I bet everbody had a wonderful time. Looked fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compared to the length of Sherry's posts, yours is a preamble. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't have too many pictures and any blog posting pertaining to camping or fishing or hiking can never be too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! we need the rest of the photos. Did you jump in and get that fire started? If so I'm really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do remember that kind of camping-even fondly:) Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. setting up camp can be so much fun and then the relaxing after. That is a really nice tent they bought.

    My friend wanted to go up to Mt. Lemon which would be much cooler but then we have to come back down to this heat. I rather just stay here and deal with it in the house.
    Can't wait to see more pictures Loved seeing the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like all the trees something quite different from what I am used to.

    Wow you guys took a lot of bikes. Did you all fit them in a pick-up or did you haul a trailer?

    It looks like you had a lot of fun. Can hardly wait for your next post.

    Glad you made it home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy tells it like it is. I am laughing at your apology it's true. But things may well be changing on my end. Looks like you all had a great time. I take it you didn't like your new tent? Very funny, send the boys to survival school. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so nice and calm and good smelling. Your post isn't too long at all, and I'm thinking you reduce the size of your photos? I've been having problems with photos coming up in blog posts, but yours just popped up with no problem. That was nice.

    Looking forward to MORE. Glad you had a great time and made it home safe. But that Sacramento weather - WOW. It's been 90s here, too hot in a rig, dry camping, but today is cloudy and cool and I'm loving it. :)

    ReplyDelete