Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

No Fair!

It was only supposed to reach the upper 90's today and at 4pm it's already 102.   I've come to the conclusion that if I had to pick between living in a hot climate most of the year or a cold climate, I would definitely prefer the cold.   Of course I don't have the choice so I should quit whining.  The swamp cooler definitely doesn't cool anything when it gets this hot.

I went out early this moring and stopped by the dentist office to pay the last of my bill.  As I've mentioned before, there went my travel fund for this year.  But I needed the dental work and definitely think I'm a lot healthier for having it done.

Now I need to go to Target, but will wait for the temp to start dropping a bit;  according to a current newscast, the Delta breeze just hit our area so we should be cooling off soon.   Maybe I'll go after dinner so I won't run into all the rush hour traffic.  About an hour ago I ate pretty much ice cream trying to cool off, so my dinner will likely be delayed.

There is really no news when all you can do is try to keep from melting, so I'll make this post a shorter one than usual.  Keep cool, y'all!




6 comments:

  1. Get a small window AC unit and put it in the window of your smallest room with a comfy chair and a stack of books. Over 90 is TOO HOT not matter how dry it is. I'd be taking a bath in ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sherry. I'd have at least one room that was cool so I could survive the heat. I love being warm but I don't think I could handle the heat for any real length of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hit 107 today but I better get used to it because this is what it is until Oct. sometime.

    I should have bought some ice cream today but I didn't think it would make it home. Not really store isn't to far away.

    Hope you can get out and camp soon.
    the idea of a small a/c for you little room and a small comfy chair sounds like a good idea for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get ACs really inexpensive these days ... I'd rather do without m'beer than be hot .. can't stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trick we used in Miami to stay cool was to frequently wash down with coolish water on a washcloth. Made a big difference. Be sure to get the back of your neck and as far down your body as possible. If you are wearing shorts, do your legs, because there is a huge volume of skin there. It really does help.

    Tap water there was not much lower than body temperature, as you might imagine, but the evaporation process lowers your body's core temperature enough to be comfortable. Repeat frequently ! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cool air you're getting should be with us on Friday. Low 49 degrees. brrrr

    ReplyDelete