Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Finished!

I just put the last pieces into the jigsaw puzzle I started on June 14.  That is 1000 pieces.  I thought I was missing 3 pieces but moved the coffee table a bit and found them on the floor.  I'm posting a picture of the finished puzzle, but the colors are sort of muted and not easy to photograph.  The subject of the picture is a quilting bee judging, and you can see the colorful quilts in the picture.   You can click on the picture to enlarge it.

 Now I 'm psyched to get another puzzle, but not right away.   I don't get much done when I get engrossed in it.

I took a quick time-out to go to BelAir this morning - my sweet tooth must have been bothering me.  I bought 4 chocolate eclairs (just finished one and it is all I dreamed it would be.).   I also got a box of 6 mini angel food cakes.  I have an abundance of strawberries, and even though I eat some every morning they won't be as good when I get to the bottom of the box.  I just opened the 2nd can of whipped cream, so I see strawberry shortcake in the very near future.  The whipped cream went fast because I had bought a box of apricots at Costco - probably 15 or so in the box.  They were good but not as sweet as I like, so every day I cut up a couple in small pieces and drenched them with whipped cream.  Sometimes I add whipped cream to my breakfast fruit bowl, but I need to get away from doing that because I doubt if I'll buy more whipped cream when I finish this.  They came 3 cans to a package and I gave one to Donald.   He has the same problem with gaining weight, but I'm sure Jeannie didn't give in to temptation.

I need to go to Costco later on because I ate the last of the organic grapes - a huge box, and I might get another pineapple, and some more cherries.   

It's going into the mid-90's today and the hot days will hang around for a while.   I haven't used the swamp cooler for several days.  I'll try not to complain.

5 comments:

  1. There are times when I do envy you being able to eat whipped cream and eclairs. But I also know how frustrating the weight issue is for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The puzzle is great good job. I probably would have thrown it back in the box on the 3rd day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the finished puzzle.I give you a lot of credit. I could never get anywhere near finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be thin and able to eat yummy things :-(

    You have a lot of patience...I could not finish a jigsaw puzzle if my life depended on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that fresh fruit sounds wonderful. The heat, not so much. Why no swamp cooler? Congrats on zipping through that puzzle.

    ReplyDelete