Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Technological frustrations

I don't know why, but anytime I need to access something online, such as air card bill (AT&T), cell phone bill (Verizon) or even some of the RVer forums, I have problems logging in -- my user id doesn't exist; it exists but doesn't match the password entered; on and on and on..... I am SO sick of dealing with this issue of userid's and passwords, and I even keep a Word document with each and every id & password I use. I'm to the point where I'm going to start using profanity for passwords! I have always been able to access and post to the Escapees forum topics, but lately I can't because they have no record of who I am. So while the forum has been extremely valuable in terms of information I've gotten from it, I'm removing it from my Bookmarks. Does anyone but me have the same rotten luck with computer id's & passwords?

I am finally back home and very happy to be here. It is just so much more comfortable being in your own home - I can make a mess in the kitchen, for one thing. I also have two thirds of a pkg of Oreos calling my name. Steve brought the dogs and me home, but will bring my truck back another time. I don't feel like driving it yet as the dark glasses I have to wear outside cut down on the clarity of vision. I actually see well at a distance but that is because my left eye is still in pretty good shape. Reading is still a problem. He also gave me a choke collar for Lady, and I think I'm going to use it because I could get hurt if she pulls on the leash hard enough.

2 comments:

  1. YES YES YES, we have a lot of trouble with Escapees and some of the forums with passwords and email names. It took forever to get back into photobucket for pictures, finally started over with a new account. I feel your pain. I'm glad to hear you're doing better with the eyesight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty,
    I've got to find the name of some software (maybe owned by google) that will store all of your user id's and passwords in a secure file, and then automatically enter them in the appropriate boxes. What's worse for me at work is that I have one program that I have to change the password every 60 days. I have about six total softwares that require logging in, so when I change the one password, I change them all to match!
    Glad to see you're doing well after the operation!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete