Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another journal

This morning I've been working on creating a site to publish my Appalachian Trail Journal and Living in Ireland journal. I have tentatively completed the AT site: http://www.freewebs.com/gypsy97/
For anyone reading it, if any part of it "doesn't work" please let me know. Thanks.

I tried to break it up in sections so it won't be as difficult to read, and the photos won't be published for some time - when I can retrieve them from storage in Asheville. I am upset with myself for leaving them behind, but can't do anything about it now.

It has rained just about most of last night and all morning. I would like to do some laundry, but since Steve hasn't brought my truck back yet I will just wait. It's too heavy to carry down there, especially in the rain.

Steve called to tell me about their weekend. At one point up in the mountains, there was a checkpoint to ensure that all vehicles without 4WD had chains, properly installed. Evidently they were closely checking all vehicles and there was a long line. When it was his turn, the officer just waved him through - no doubt about that big Ford being able to make it! They had a good time and visited several springs - a couple were too hot to sit in, while others were perfect.

I'm anxious to be driving again. I still haven't settled on an RV park for next month, and there is one more I want to see before making a decision. It is way more expensive than it should be, but it's KOA and I'm not totally surprised at that. I tried another KOA in Shingle Springs but was told they do no long term rentals except for people who are temporarily working in the area. The one I can better afford is not my first choice. Something will turn up.

No comments:

Post a Comment