Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, February 27, 2009

Getting Ready to Move

I have been ignoring the fact that I must move from Cal Expo on March 2nd. That is just three days from now, and many of the things I vowed to do while here are not going to get done. Since the sun in shining, I will empty the tanks today and clean & put away the hoses. I plan to try the trick of adding a bit of Dawn liquid to the tanks and let it slosh around while moving.

Monday is Steve's birthday and Tuesday is Mike's birthday, so I always have a lot to be grateful for at this time of year. Then in November my Joe and Jeannie celebrate their birthdays.

Nothing new or exciting this morning, and I would sure love to just go back to bed. If my shower doesn't wake me up and get me going, I will hit the sack!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gypsy...RE: Paint question. Our motorhome walls are slightly textured as well but the paint went on just fine. The paint we used for the walls here in the motorhome is a satin finish latex. I went into Wal-Mart last year to the garden center & picked up a clay flowerpot. Took the flowerpot to the paint department & had them read it with their paint meter & that's how we came up with the adobe color. Would have sent this info in an email but don't have your email addy. Ours is on our website....Take care & I enjoy your blog Al & The Bayfield Bunch:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you add a couple of bags of ice to the NON-Anti-bacterial Dawn in your tanks, it will slosh around and clean your tank, and sensors, while you are traveling. Dishwasher, not dishwashing, gel will also add some water softener to your tanks, and that helps clean them, too.
    Some RVers just use Calgon Water Softener in their tanks, nothing else. No chemicals.
    Everyone has their pet Black Tank remedies, you just have to try out which is best for you.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use both Dawn & the Calgon water softener. We have also used ice cubes when the tank became plugged one time & it worked great. Problem solved. Since using the Dawn & Calgon we've never had another problem.

    ReplyDelete