Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, June 30, 2017

Resting Up!

Ha!  Like I need to rest up!  I haven't done anything today except feed myself.

I got an email from my oldest grandson, Joshua in NY, who has spent a week at a S.T.E.M. camp.  The initials stand for Science, Technology, Electronics, and Mathmatics.  He loved everything except the cafeteria food!  I told him that's what he can look forward to in college!

Another month will roll over tomorrow and I can't believe 2017 is half over.   I really had hoped to go camping this summer but so far everyone in my family has done some camping except me.   I never minded striking out on my own but only when I still had a dog.  I know I've said it before, but camping has never been the same without a canine partner!

It is so disheartening to see the weather forecast for the next 15 days in Sacramento, with temps in the 90's - a few in the lower 90's and some in the upper limits.    I'm still reading about global cooling, which most people don't understand that it doesn't begin with drastic drops in temperature all over the earth, but just a few degrees Celsius average is enough to make a huge difference in the climate.  It's hard for me to wrap my head around it.  And from what I can tell there will still be pockets of extreme heat in parts of the world although I don't know if they will eventually cool as well.  There are differences of opinion on this subject, but I am convinced it is real and that we are due for another cooling period (or mini ice age).  

Jeannie is driving me to my late nephew's service tomorow, and I'm going to wear the long blue dress that I recently hemmed.  I'll wear a sweater with 3/4 length sleeves for the early morning which should be cool, and when I'm at the chapel service.  Did I mention I'm doing a reading of Psalm  23, and have been practicing it off and on for a few days.  Remembering to slow down is something I need to work on.   I haven't done any reading in church for probably over 30 years, so I hope I don't get nervous.  This service will be for just immediate family; in August there will be a large celebration of his life that everyone will be attending.  My son and his family will fly in from New York.

Have a good weekend.




8 comments:

  1. I watched some very interesting history of the planet today on PBS of world changes and how different disasters changed weather, land and oceans. The planet has seen many changes and I believe this is just another cycle but of course man has had a hand in this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what it would have looked like 10,000 years ago or more. Probably the same only different! Not as many people for sure. I've always been interested in history and science, although I wasn't a very good science student.

      Delete
  2. So sad about your nephew. I'm glad you'll be reading such a lovely verse. I almost wilt just thinking about your temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The service was beautiful, with just very close family, mostly siblings of his parents. There will be a big celebration of Brian's life in early August and all family are invited. It will be nice.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss Gypsy!. You will do brilliant reading your verse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda. I got through the reading but can't really judge how I did. Everyone said it was fine, but I don't know - it's been so long.

      Delete
  4. It is unbelievable to me as well that half the year is gone. We are in the three digits and it is making me lazy. Had so much to do yesterday but I could not bring myself to drive into town.

    I know you will do well with the Psalm reading. Fortitude to you and to the entire family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the weather awful? Fortunately it was cool in the morning during the service and even here in Sacramento is only supposed to get to 89 today. I'm glad I was able to see the page I was reading from (I had printed it out myself and the print was a lot easier to read from than the book.)

      Delete