Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Old Windows Hauled Away!

I awoke this morning to the sound of voices in my yard, and discovered the maintenance men were hauling the old windows away.  I had moved my car back on my own driveway, so they took the windows out the other side on my neighbors driveway.  They are gone now and it's a relief.

Jeannie and I met at the gym this evening, but we did a very abbreviated workout because she had a migraine headache.  I hope it doesn't last long.

Tomorrow morning early the guys are taking the kids (except for baby Quinn) backpacking  and overnight camping.  I am not sure if they will stay out for one or two nights - I think Steve will bring Liam back after one night but the rest could possibly stay out there where it has to be cooler than it is down the hill in Sac.  If Jeannie gets rid of her migraine we will have a lite dinner somewhere and a pint of beer to go with it! 

That's it for today; there are always things I think of later that I wish I had added to the blog, but you really aren't missing much!   

8 comments:

  1. Looked at Sac weather for this week and am so pleased you have your new windows and the cooler. It should make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already noticed a great difference in the ease of cooling the house, but this will be the real test when we hit 100! I think I'm going to be fairly comfortable indoors, and it should be cool overnight & early morning in case I need to be outside or go anywhere.

      Delete
  2. Glad the windows are gone. Having all that done must be a real relief. 100 degrees sounds horrible. I was very surprised to find that 84 here in Maine felt like 92 in Virginia. Must be a stronger sun, but how could that be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure but I think a lot of things affect temperatures, not just amount of sunlight; prevailing winds, length of daylight, etc. It's going to get much worse than 100 over the next few days and weeks.

      Delete
  3. We are in Portland, OR at the moment and it is cool and wet. I hate to admit it but I am missing the warm weather:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm is one thing, but come down to central CA and experience HOT! We've had a beautiful June up to now, and I'm missing the cool weather.

      Delete
  4. We're having pretty good weather here at Flaming Gorge and I'm sure happy we aren't in AZ. Nice to get rid of those old windows. I know all about migraines so hope Jeannie is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she is better too - we are having dinner & some craft beer at one of the pubs nearby. It's not even 11 am and I have turned on the swamp cooler - usually I can wait until 1 or 2pm.

      Delete