Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Heat wave has started

I don't like the weather at all, and it's only going to the lower 90's today, but getting hotter throughout the week.  I just wilt in this kind of weather.

I hung a load of wash on the line this morning and just took it down.  It certainly dries fast in this weather, and I got all the sun I need just being out there a few minutes.

I'm still waiting for Maintenance to pick up the old windows.  I told them I was leaving 3 old camp chairs as well - they got the chairs but not the windows, which are in back of my house.  They are just too heavy for me to carry out, although I must say I haven't tried.  Maybe I should go out and see exactly how heavy they are.  My car is parked on the other side of the dog park in guest parking, and I don't want to leave it there another night and day.  

I just went out and checked, and can't even budge the bigger windows.  There are a couple of smaller ones but they are in the middle of the stack and I can't get to them. 

Today is Flag Day if you like a bit of trivia now and then.  I get the date mixed up with July 14, which is Bastille Day (the day celebrating the beginning of the French Revolution, sort of like our July 4th).    But June 14 is the day we honor Old Glory, although nothing on the internet or Google News even makes mention of the fact.

7 comments:

  1. I hope your place is staying cool in this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm running my swamp cooler right now and the entire house is comfortable. I love that thing, so much cheaper than A/C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today we were at 102 and each day it will climb by Tue. it will be 114. I'm really not happy with me for not leaving for the mountains now it's to hot to travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could pack your truck when it cools down in the evening, and leave early in the morning before the heat of the day. Hopefully you could gain some elevation and cooler weather. I might be wrong about your weather - no matter how hot it gets during the day here, it cools down at night and doesn't get hot again until mid-morning. I want to go camping but not by myself. This is when I wish I had a dog.

      Delete
  4. I am afraid that many people today have likely never even heard of flag day:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right! And I'm sure most have no idea what Bastille Day represents. Everything is changing, isn't it.

      Delete
  5. Now that I'm finally back on line I can see what you are up to. That's not so hot that they took the easy things and left the windows. Did they know they were in the back? They can't expect you to pick up those heavy windows can they??

    ReplyDelete