Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, June 19, 2017

Beyond awful!

It is 101 and on its way up to 107 today!  I'm wilting fast.   Went out earlier at 10am and didn't stay long - took care of business and came quickly back home.  The swamp cooler has a much harder time cooling in this heat than when it is in the 90's.

I am suffering from pain that I should have known better than to risk.   My chiropractor's office gave me a  paper describing two exercises I was supposed to do some ungodly number of times a day for 14 days.  It included a video to watch although I'm familiar with the exercise.   Both exercises involve being on the floor in a downward facing position, something I've had real problems doing since I had my gallbladder removed.  I don't now why it should bother me, but I've cut out any exercises like this, even at the gym, and only do the walking and upper body workouts.

I watched the video and decided I would try it - after doing one such exercise I realized I couldn't do it at all and quit.  About two days later I started having pains in my middle back, as well as in my stomach, but thought it might be due to standing so much while Jeannie was here to hang the pictures.  As it worsened it dawned on me what is was, and I've been in such misery I even took an Advil, which is rare for me to do.  I try to never take any kind of pain medication, but I was desperate as I couldn't breathe properly and every time I twisted my torso slightly it went into spasms of pain.  To say I'm furious about this would be an understatement.  

I can understand the value of doing exercises on a regular basis, and understand that some of the strengthening exercises would help in keeping my spine aligned properly, but for god's sake, I'm a 76 year old woman with a lot of health issues, and have no business getting down on the floor to do any kind of exercise.  I need to calm down before going back to the chiro next week, as I think it was mainly my own fault for even trying something I knew I shouldn't and couldn't do.   In the end we are all responsible for our own actions, and I am furious with myself for this one.   I had hoped to start doing yoga again but this makes me realize there is no way I could do those forward & downward positions.

So those are my gripes today - same old gripes as always - the heat and my not thinking things through to their logical conclusion before jumping into something head first!

Here are my 3 dresses that I worked on yesterday.  I haven't tried any of them on to see if the length is correct, but it's too hot to be slipping in and out of dresses!





10 comments:

  1. Those sure are bright colored dresses. They should light up your world. I thought it was hot here until you said it was 107 at your place. It only bumped the 100 mark today, here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now at 6 pm it is registering 106. One more degree wont make much of a difference! You are much cooler in Texas. I'd like to wear the dresses soon, but it's too hot to go anywhere right now. Stay cool.

      Delete
  2. Awww Gypsy, kick back and take it easy for a bit won't ya

    It is just too hot to be pushing. Enjoy yourself. Eat a treat. Drink some lemonade or something.

    So sorry you got yourself all "twisted" up. At least you got those pretty dresses you can wear now.

    107 is just too hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right! In fact, I'm sitting down with my feet up right now and I've calmed down a lot.

      Delete
  3. Your dresses are pretty. My 2 daughters wear a lot of those type dresses they claim they are cooler than shorts and tank tops.
    We hit 117 today it's like sticking your head in the oven and at 7:46 were down to 109

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they might be cooler but I don't find them so in really hot weather. I'd rather have shorts on in the heat.

      Delete
  4. I really like your dresses. They are so colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can figure out where I can wear them. Dresses just aren't part of my wardrobe these days. But they are colorful and pretty.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Jo, I think those dresses would be cooler than shorts. I always liked skirts and dresses but now that I don't do much but hiking and kayaking, they aren't very practical. I think you'll feel cool in them drinking lemonade and I know for sure if it was 107 where I was, I wouldn't be doing much more than that. Sounds like everyone's electricity bill is going to be high this summer if it's 117 some places and only June. WHEW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't see how fabric covering your entire legs can be cooler than bare legs with the air flowing on and around them. I'm missing something here.

      Delete