Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, June 9, 2017

Response to Becki's request

A week or so ago one of my blog readers asked me to re-post the Energy Stimulation Exercises given to me by my chiropractor.  Here it is, and just skip this post entirely if you aren't interested.  I may post again later today.

Warm-Up:  Rub hands together to stimulate circulation - about 10-20 seconds.  (I never remembered to do this).

1.  Chin tucks and neck extensions (5-10x)
Look up; Look down.

2.  Head clock movements
Start at center.  Move head to 12:00 then back to center.  Then to 1:00 and then back to center, etc.  Proceed around the clock once.  Always come back to center.  (I've just realized I always moved only my eyes, not my head!  I guess I gotta start doing it this way.)

3.  Arm curls (5-10x)
Curl arms from side to shoulder height.

4.  Wrist extension (5-10x)
Arms at side, extend and flex wrist.

5.  Arm extension (5-10x)
Arms above head, bend at elbows with both arms dropping backwards.  Then straighten.

6.  Finger exercises (5-10x)
Grip fingers, open up, grip fingers, open up.

7.  1-4-2 breathing (5-10x)
Deep breath in through nose (belly breath), hold for 4 seconds, exhale out of mouth.

8.  Arm crossovers (5-10x)
Arms at shoulder height, cross in front, back and forth

9.  Twisters (5-10x)
Sit up straight, look forward, twist torso side to side (Make sure to keep head looking straight forward)

10.  Chair curls (5-10x)
Tighten stomach muscles, and then straighten up.

11.  Leg curls (5-10x)
In seated position alternate raising knees toward chest.

12.  Leg outs (5-10x)
Seated position knees bent, push legs out then back together.

13.  Leg ups (5-10x)
Straighten legs out in front of you one at a time.

14.  Toe Curls (5-10x)
Curl toes and open up.

15.  Rotation of hips (5-10x)
Stand up and twist side to side.

This entire routine only takes a few minutes, and can be done while sitting on the side of the bed before getting up.    I did stand for a couple of them, but mostly sat on the side of the bed.  I only did each exercise 5x and it is amazing how quickly you can get through them, for the benefits you feel right away.  At least I did.   I have a mirror on one of my sliding closet doors and I sat where I could observe in the mirror what I was doing.

I don't know why I ever stopped doing these, but I'm going back to them tomorrow morning!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Gypsy. I printed it out to try as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy doing it. It's so easy because it takes so little time, unless you want to do the full 10 reps of each exercise, and even that wouldn't add 5 min. to the routine. I think doing it 1st thing in the morning before even leaving the bedroom energizes you for the day.

      Delete
  2. I do some of these everyday mostly the arms since I had a problem with my left shoulder I didn't want it to freeze up and these exercises really did help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find them very energizing, and you can do them in a short amount of time.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You are very welcome, and it is I who should be thanking you because I am going to start doing the exercises every morning from now on!

      Delete
  4. Nearly all of these are parts of Hatha Yoga and really do energize the body. In the finger exercises I take it that is make a fist and open it up? Hope Becki sees this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think many exercises and stretch routines have their roots in Hatha Yoga. Whatever sort of exercise a person does is good, and you can take it as far as you like. I loved yoga back in the 1970's, but the classes Ive tried since then just leave me cold. I can't afford to pay for a smaller or private class. The instructors are usually so soft spoken, slow, and just plain put me to sleep.

      Delete
  5. I read something this morning that shocked me out of my complacency. I think I've mentioned before that I have had an almost unbelieveable addiction to nicotine in the past, and it never goes away although the cravings are no longer there. I know if for some reason I smoked one cigarette, I would be smoking a pack a day within a week, and then on to two packs a day, so I avoid it like the plague. I read this morning that "Sitting is the new smoking", and I can almost attest that is true. If I don't stop sitting so much I am never going to feel better and in fact, will continue to feel much worse. It has become almost an addiction with me and I have to stop it asap.

    ReplyDelete