Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, June 14, 2015

On the Road once again

I'm very weary after a day's drive.  I had a restful and fun 2-1/2 day, 3 night stay in Columbus, GA.  A friend from my childhood, and the maid of honor at my wedding, lives in Columbus now and I haven't seen her for years.  


Rita and I shared an apartment together for several years, and we loved to drink Tanqueray martinis, which she remembered.  She fixed us martinis every late afternoon before dinner, and at first I was worried because it's been at least 45 years since I've had one.  Absolutely delicious!

I am very tired this evening after driving through Alabama and Mississippi, and managed to get across the Miss. River before I decided to look for lodging.

I seriously don't think I will do any more long distance driving after I get home from this trip.  It just doesn't do anything for me these days except make me tired and just want to drive to the point where I can stop for the night.  That isn't much enjoyment.  I will probably limit my driving to a few hundred miles radius of Sacramento for a while.

I couldn't connect to Rita's internet so I just stayed off the computer (and really didn't miss it much).  I also didn't watch TV at all - we talked until we were all talked out!  It was a great break for me.


5 comments:

  1. Sometimes after a hard day of traveling I think to myself 'if we ever make it home I'm not going to go anywhere ever again''. However, it only takes a few days & a good rest before I'm chomping at the bit to go somewhere again. Who knows, next month you could be cruising through Alaska. I always look forward to getting west of the Mississippi & leaving all that eastern traffic behind. Safe travels:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well old gal....said with respect, I know exactly what you talk'n bout with the travels. I'm think'n that once ya pass the 70 year old mark, it's time to slow down....sit back an' "people watch" an' take it easy for a while. Once ya get that 200,000 miles behind you an' that 70 year old thigy, things become much harder an' less excit'n. I agree with a short couple hunnert mile trips close to home. I would never take a trip like you are on right now. Well, not at my age now. A few years ago....Oh hell yeah.
    Stay safe the rest of your trip. Rest up good when you get back home. Ha ha, then plan ya another 5000 miles trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good trip and I think you should travel just as long as you can and want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't like to travel travel travel. I like to drive 150 miles and stay for a week and then do it again. If I had to drive everyday I'm sure I'd feel as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of Tanqueray martinis before but that is probably because I like beer but I would not mind trying one.

    Glad you got to stop and visit with your former roommate. Talking to a real person is much better than the internet or TV any day.

    ReplyDelete