Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, June 22, 2015

Nearly there!

My last night before arriving in the Los Angeles area is in Indio, CA.  On my first trip across country in my 5th wheel, I stayed overnight at an "RV Resort" in Indio, and from that time on I have studiously avoided any business with the word "resort" in it.  The RV Park personnel had an inflated view of the place and I was glad to get out of there.

I'm in a lovely motel, a style from the 1950's but updated beautifully.  The ceiling and back wall have murals painted on them, and I believe they are different in every room (from what I read on the motel reviews).  The bathroom has been updated and the tile, pedestal sink, etc., are so nice.  Hair dryer, ironing board, iron, fridge & 'wave, round out the amenities (I don't count huge LCD TV's as an amenity, as I think a regular old fashioned TV is as much of an amenity!

The heat continues, but from what I hear it will be much cooler when I get close to the ocean.

I've done sort of an attitude adjustment and instead of worrying about getting through the L.A. traffic, I'm envisioning, and certain I will find, any traffic parting just like the Red Sea did when Moses held up his stick.  (I think that was Moses?)   Well, I will let you know tomorrow afternoon if the red sea traffic got out of my way.

 

7 comments:

  1. It has to be cooler closer to the ocean. Good luck tomorrow with the traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're coming up Interstate 5, have you thought of making a detour over to San Jose and maybe come for a visit. Angel would love to see you again too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It WAS Moses and I hope you can do the same thing when you hit the LA traffic. Fingers crossed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget to shout in a loud, deep voice, "Let my people go!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I hope the third time is the charm trying to post this comment. AS I was saying.....LOL at Judy! Too Funny!! Your motel sounds wonderful. I wish more of those little 50ish places would spruce themselves up and stay in business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about sprucing up the old motels love the old design of the buildings so much. Just keep telling yourself I know I can I know I can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The motel sounds charming. Good luck with the traffic, I don't envy you one bit in that aspect.

    ReplyDelete