Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, June 8, 2015

In Virginia

I will be crossing into NC tomorrow.  I drove about 140 miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway today and thought about camping this evening.  Good thing I didn't try because while driving to a motel I got caught in a rainstorm to beat all rainstorms.  And worse, I couldn't find the flashers.  I still don't have a clue where the switch is - should be on top of the steering wheel, shouldn't it?

Deer count:  NY 2; PA 4 (all lying on the side of the road); VA 4 (all on the Parkway and all jumped out within a few feet of my car!); also on the Parkway, 1 butterfly.

You can see from the photos the mist that hangs over the Blue Ridge.  These were taken from several different overlooks.  Click to enlarge.







These photos were taken at the James River.










There was a lot of traffic on the Parkway but it was all heading north, and I had no problems at all, except for trying not to zone out while driving around all the curves.  It does something to the brain, I think, and the twisting and turning.

I stayed at a motel last night that supposedly had wi-fi but I couldn't get it to work, so I can't say for sure when I'll have access again.  I'll see ya when I see ya!

11 comments:

  1. My wife and I drove that route shortly after we were married. It was beautiful back then and it is beautiful now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous country. Glad you didn't get caught in that rain storm. That would not be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hazard flasher button has a dark red triangle shown on it - and I believe it is the center button on your radio console directly under the word TOYOTA below the screen - if not there possibly center of dash - look around for it the morning - Travel Safe !

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we lived in DC, we spent a lot of time driving the parkway. Beautiful area:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy I wish I had known you were coming down the BRP, you could have had a free night and dinner at the farm. We are no distance away. SO sorry if I missed your saying you were driving it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the beautiful area your in because 60 miles or so, south of
    Sacramento, it is 105 today. Yuk, yuk ! It's hot.
    Safe trip to you. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in Mountain City TN if you would like to stop by -- would love to meet you after all these years

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then she could stop by Carthage, TN! Jenny!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too Lisa --- You were mentioned at the RV Dreams Reunion Rally -- lol

      Delete
  9. Sound like your covering a lot of very pretty Country. To bad it rained and didn't allow for you to camp

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness miss a week and you are already headed back home! Hope you get to camp out at least once but not in the rain.

    ReplyDelete