Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, June 15, 2015

From Bad to Worse!

This isn't the greatest part of the trip; the roads aren't marked as well as some places, and the GPS has really given me some bad advice.

I'm ready for this travel to be done with.  If I ever travel even half way across the country by car again, it will definitely be in the northern states - less traffic, easier roads to follow, etc.

I'm in a 2-story Bates motel this evening - I knew from looking at it that I shouldn't stop, but I couldn't find anything without traveling way off the US route I'm on.  Hopefully I will survive the night and live to see another day.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Gypsy this sounds so sad. That's why I threw the GPS away. I'd rather use a map at least it doesn't lie or give bad information. I hear you about the from bad to worse. That seems to have happened to us this past week too. All you can do is grit your teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope that trip will be over soon. I really feel for you. Next time better fly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turn all the lights off to make sure the mirrors are not two way. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you get on the Freeway you won't need the GPS ! - plus, nicer motels, better food and cell service, and a safer location in case of emergency - I hope you got ahead of the big rains - Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. So after you get home and rest, pack that tent and follow US 101 up to Harris Beach State Park. We'll go out for fish and chips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure where you are. I've stayed in a few motels like that and actually slept with all my clothes on. Hang in there. You're making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you wake up tomorrow and see hundreds of crows...............don't go outside. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I do not feel so bad that I do not own a GPS!

    ReplyDelete