Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, June 26, 2015

End of this journy

I am very glad to be out of the car for a while, but I still have the huge job of emptying everything from the cargo area.

I took some photos of the hills once I got out of the Los Angeles area.   (Click to enlarge)









One of the things I love about northern CA is the way they plant oleander bushes along the sides of the highways and city streets, and in the median.








I apologize for the quality of the pictures, but it's not easy to drive, keep my eyes on the road and one hand on the steering wheel, and snap a picture at the same time.

I left Costa Mesa at 5:45 a.m. and was shocked at the traffic that was already on the roads.  It looked like the worst of it was coming from the opposite direction, and I did pretty well with the Garmin instructions.  I'm pretty tired of California drivers already.

It's going up to 104 degrees today, a difficult switch from the 70's in the beach communities.   I was freezing when we were at the beach in the cool breeze, and don't know how anyone could get in the water.  I love the temps there however.





8 comments:

  1. You did quite well at the picture taking. No blurs, but very clear. Just as good or better than if you were a professional. It is hard to take pictures out of a moving vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you to be off the road with all the holiday weekend drivers. Hope your cooler works well for you with this heat. Now to relax for a while

    ReplyDelete


  3. glad to see you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are safely at home. The stuff can be unloaded a little at a time in the early morning when it's still a little cooler. Seems like the whole West coast is roasting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad that you made it home safe and sound! what a wonderful long journey, and even the bad parts were good because you were on the road! Thanks for taking us along with you.
    KarenInTheWoods and Steveio
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
     http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice you will sleep in your own bed now. All is well that ends well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made it though all the traffic and that the major part was coming from the other direction. 104 sounds absolutely awful. I'm running away from 88. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing those mountains - it means I'm out of Los Angeles and ready to go over the Grapevine. I always find that an easy drive and once down, then I'm really on my way. Glad everything went so well! :)

    ReplyDelete