Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Haircut

I walked into a hairdresser salon this morning to get my hair cut.  It was last trimmed in late March, before I left Sacramento, and I was looking pretty shaggy.  Since I won't be able to see my regular hairdresser until early July I decided to get something in the interim.

I did not like it at all.  I mentioned how I wanted the front cut a bit shorter because it seems to grow faster than the rest, and that was the main reason I decided to get it cut now.  When I feel my hair on my eyebrows I keep wanting to push it off, and why won't they just listen to what the customer wants!  It looks ok right now because she spent 15 minutes styling it, but I hate to think of what I will do with it.  Oh well, I can live with it for a few weeks.  I nearly fell to the floor when they told me that would be $45!  That's way overpriced considering I had washed my hair in the shower before leaving and it was still wet, and it was just a trim after all.  But I paid it and got the hell outta there, reminding myself to not ever go back.

Yesterday I bought a 6-pack of Klondike bars at the grocery, and have eaten two of them so far.  Now and then I need ice cream and this was one of the days!





9 comments:

  1. I'm a lover of the reece's peanut butter Klondike bar. Or I was that is. Do they have a franchise called Hair Cuttery near you? Hair cuts with wash are $18 and they do a decent job. That's where I went and she did exactly what I told her to. I don't like my hair near my eye brows or in my eyes either. That's why I don't have bangs. You just can't keep them out of your eyes. Guess you don't want to show us your cut if you don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a box of a dozen bars. They are a combination of either vanilla or chocolate ice-cream on a stick. You know, they are half the size and cost a lot more than the ones I remember from when I was a kid. Oh well, think I will eat at least two of them tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! That is way out of my budget too. I hate when they don't listen. Customer is King and all that ???

    KarenInTheWoods​ and Steveio​
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. And oh yes, haircuts. I remember those. I quit getting my hair cut after I turned 65 or so. Now, I am just an old hippy (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haircuts on the road are always a dreadful surprise. :( I went to a lady barber (red pole and all) here in Brookings, and she actually listened. She did a good job, and even only charged me the men's rate since my hair is short. Hooray! ($15)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have similar hair problems if you can imagine. Kelly's been cutting my hair for the past 22 years & if I walked into a barber shop & was told today's prices it would probably leave me gasping for air.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH yes the bad over priced hair cuts. I make sure I know how much they charge before I even get in the chair. I never like the way they cut my hair but at least it's only 15- $18. I had a really awful hair cut once in one of those over priced places an swore never again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually hate my hair cuts when they get done but every once in awhile I lucky out. However I am only paying $11 for them and I figure you get what you pay for so I can't complain too loud. And it does grow out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I remember why I haven't been to a hair cutting emporium for three decades! I have a nice pair of Hoffritz hair scissors that keeps my bangs out of my eyes for me, and the back doesn't grow very fast. Long live Scunci hairbands!

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete