Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Counting Down!

I have only tonight and tomorrow night on the road and will then be in the area of Huntington Beach for 3 nights.  I leave on next Friday morning and just hope I don't run into a heavy commute, but I'm so close to the end of this trip now I can deal with it.  I will have nothing in the house to eat, so it will be necessary to make a quick trip to a couple of places to pick up some basics, although I could probably get by for a day or so.  I think I have a few things left in my freezer, but of course, nothing fresh.

I had to stop at Border Patrol checkpoints twice today, but both waved me through.  The second one asked me if I had anyone in the car with me, but that was it.  I wouldn't tell anyone but if I did run across a couple of illegals I might offer them some water.  This heat is ungodly and I hate to think of people trying to get anywhere on foot.  It was 106 when I stopped for the day, and at 4pm it is on its way up to 109!  I'm starting to get hungry but don't know if I could stand to get back into the car right now.

Note to Bruce:  I would be flattered if you want to include my site among your favorites on your blog (http://brucecarolcabin.blogspot.com)..  Also, thanks for the invitation to visit.  I don't know when I'll get to Colorado, but would very much like to visit the state in the next year or two.  I don't think I mentioned a problem with breathing at high altitudes, but one of the bloggers, Jo from Phoenix, recently had issues in the higher elevations.  But then, I can't really say what is the highest altitude I've been.

I am starting to feel more optimistic and invigorated, and really don't know why.  It couldn't be the heat, could it?  I was thinking today that I'm glad I don't have a dog with me.   I might try to find one (or might not) when I get back to Sacramento, but I would never bring him or her into this kind of heat.  Of course, Sac isn't much better.   By the time I get home we will have triple digits as well.


5 comments:

  1. 109 just the thought makes me swoon. It's 94 in the foothills of Virginia and I am SO glad I"m up in the mountains where it is about 10 degrees less than that with a wonderful breeze. Hoping for the best for you as you near the big city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's the horse smelling the barn syndrum ;-) you know you are closer to home and relaxation! Sure hope you will be able to sleep in your own bed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you will be home before the 4th of July travelers hit the road !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your journey is just about over and you will be glad to be done. It is a good idea to take a few days off the road to rest up. Just to let you know I live in Tucson which is even a little lower in altitude than Phx. I am getting better but I will only do day trips to the higher elevations this trip.

    ReplyDelete