Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, March 29, 2014

They're back!

I set out a new hummingbird feeder a week ago and was wondering if the birds would ever come back.  Two days ago a big one appeared and stayed for long enough that I could get a good look at him.  I was thrilled and to celebrate I fixed myself a big bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce!  By now there is another smaller bird, plus the "big boy", and I'm hoping more of them get the word.  I just love seeing them and would like to get a picture although I've never been successful in photographing them since I've lived here, probably because I'm too old and decrepit and slow.

It was starting to rain when I went to the farmers market this morning, so I got what I wanted pretty quickly and left.  By the time I got home the rain was much heavier.

Tonight is a Straw Hat Pizza & beer night!  Jeannie and Joe and their families and I will enjoy the evening.  I'm really looking forward to the beer.



6 comments:

  1. I love hummingbirds - but like you I have never gotten a decent picture of one. So I just enjoy them and look at others pictures. Sure hope all the rain you're getting is going to help the drought situation for California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh stop it! You aren't old and decrepit and slow. You work out at the gym and are planning on backpacking and can throw down a beer with the best of them. Have fun and take that picture. You've got a captive audience with that feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking it's your shutter speed that's a little slow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew they would show up it just takes them time.
    Like Judy said the shutter might be to slow. That is the biggest problem I have with my camera is the slow shutter and it is was it is. Makes me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw... love the hummingbirds .... if I stay around here much longer... gonna get some feeders. just love watching them.

    they drive the cats insane... HAhaaa

    pizza and beer ... yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hanging out the birdfeeders is one of the first things I do when either arriving in Bayfield or Congress. Always love to see happy little birds at the feeders. Costs us a fortune of course but then again I shouldn't be putting out half a dozen feeders at a time I guess. You will need a faster shutter speed to stop the action of the Hummer's wings but not the Hummer itself. Hummers remain motionless for seconds at a time allowing for good shots. Have to get closer & use the 'zoom' function on the camera. Don't be afraid to use your camera's flash either. Unless YOUR CAMERA is old, decrepit, & slow, you should be able to do it. Takes patience too:))

    ReplyDelete