Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Do-nothing Saturday

I'm going to laze around today, although I did go to the farmers market about an hour ago.  

It occurred to me while driving to the market, that I have vision problems, can't hear some sounds as well as I used to, am trying to gain weight and get healthy, and now am facing another surgery.  I should be feeling like crap because everything is against me.  For some reason I don't think I've ever been happier!  Of course I hope I will have a quick and easy recovery, but I can deal with whatever happens.  This is so unlike the old me who needed to be in complete control of my life.  Kinda scary, if you ask me.

I am very pleased with my dentist and the work he is doing and is planning.  Yes, it is much more expensive than if I used a dentist in Los Algodones, which is about 650 miles from where I live.  I sure don't feel like driving that far, finding a dentist and a place to stay while undergoing treatment, especially at a time when the heat is going to be a factor in the southwest.  It's one thing if you are a snowbird living in an RV and in the vicinity to begin with, but I think it would be more than I could deal with just to make the trip right now.  And as I've mentioned, I have an incredibly wonderful dentist about 2 miles away.

Another thing I would like to say is that I love my current header picture, and it makes me feel good every time I see it.  That was such a magical moment for me, seeing all those
 bison so close up.  When I finally get to a place when I can take another scenic picture, I will do it.  I'm not sure why, maybe it's the Mac I use, but I have such a problem sizing the header picture and am not motivated to change it as often as some do.

I admit to watching a lot more TV since the Malaysian plane disappeared.  I have the TV on now and just saw a commercial featuring the Aflac duck!  It isn't as clever as the old commercials, but I'm glad to see the duck again anyway.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

9 comments:

  1. I don't have a Mac but sizing the header picture and changing it is just too much work for me. So the girls are it. But I do like your bison.

    So nice to hear how happy you sound and how good you are feeling. That is wonderful. And if we weren't in Yuma with the RV I wouldn't drive all that way to the dentist either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL over your loving the AFLAC duck. That's great! Don't blame you for keeping a dentist you like. Sure wish you could figure out what has happened to so improve your attitude. Bottle it quickly and I'll be first in line to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening, Gypsy... glad you're happy ~!

    fun, innit... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your header did someone say something negative? I haven't changed mine is a very long time. I think about it but it is a pain so it stays for now. Maybe if something else catches my eye I'll change it.

    Happy your happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS a lazy Saturday... used to plan everything around the week ends, now just want Monday to get here so things will be 'back to normal' :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend and I were talking just the other day about how it seems to be getting easier to roll with the punches as we get older. Rather than complain about everything things seem to go smoother with a positive outlook.Love that you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your enthusiasm is catching! :D

    You do sound happy. I am glad you have your surgery date and that the dental work is to your satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gypsy, you remind me of the song "Happy" from Despicable Me 2. Check it out on YouTube--Pharrell does it & it's a really cute catchy tune! I'm glad you're happy! I love your header--bison are very cool animals. And yes! 650 miles is a long way to travel if you have a dentist 2 miles away. You might be able write off the expense of your taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing like a great dentist! I'm always happier when I'm taking good care of myself, even if I have to do something I don't like.

    I don't understand people who won't see a doctor or dentist because they are afraid of bad news. I've had the bad news a couple of times, and if I hadn't been taking care of myself by seeing doctors when needed I'd be dead - YEARS ago. Think of what I would have missed.

    I love people who care enough about themselves to take good care of their health, and that includes the dentist. It's especially hard when we're living solo because no one is urging us to do it, so... GOOD FOR YOU! And I think that's why you're so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete