Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, March 6, 2014

It's a good day

It's good because I'm feeling good!  That may change tomorrow depending on what my doctor tells me.

I decided to get another pair of Fila's at Costco today while they still have some.  This time I got the pink shoelaces & trim.  I felt like $20 shoes (even at Costco's price) won't last me forever so I may as well have a spare on hand.  I took a picture of both pairs, and you can see I took one of the pink insoles from my "old" pair and tried it in the new.  The insoles really make a difference.


Knowing how much yard work I need to do, and not having any gardening gloves, I was an easy sell for Costco's gloves - the kicker is that they come in a pkg. of six, but for the low price of $6.99.  I won't live long enough to wear out 6 prs of gardening gloves, especially since I dislike gardening in California.

I took a few photos of the weeds I'm dealing with, and this is after I paid a hefty price to have some new sheeting laid down last year and new gravel spread.  The gravel was spread so thin that the sheeting shows through in many spots.  I feel so stupid for thinking I would get decent work done.  If I ever hire someone again they will have to have at least 5 recommendations I can verify.  That's a big reason why I'm not handing money over to a roofer!  They see an old lady and figure it's as good as a license to steal.




I hit the jackpot on the gym's scale last night - I have now gained back all the weight I lost being ill and in the hospital.  I am up to 118.6!  Now for the next 15 or 20.  I'm beginning to see a big difference in how I look and feel.

The mailman delivered a box to me this afternoon, and I think it is the device that converts UHF to DVD.  I'm hoping I don't have to worry about doing it myself - with all the younger minds in the family who can read directions, I shouldn't have to.

9 comments:

  1. Don't gain too much weight. How tall are you? Big or small frame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought those Filas too - the blue ones. Pink would be my first choice, but they'd get too dirty out here, so blue it was. Very comfortable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about those weeds. And yes, good reliable & honest help can be very hard to find. Those weeds probably just need a good spraying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those shoes. Bet you look fabulous in them. Glad to hear about the weight. I'm sure you do feel much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is weed guard under the rock? I guess weeds don't need much dirt to grow. I wouldn't be pulling them out if you don't get the root in 2 days they'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Constant maintenance of a house . . . one of the things that kept us on the road for so long - and what lures me back. Seems like there is always something that needs to be fixed/resolved/improved. I suppose the same for an RV, but somehow "grounds maintenance" done by someone else is always preferable!

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since you have a weed guard under the gravel, the weeds may have very shallow roots and would be very easy to pull out. You might try that before using a chemical. I agree, it is so hard to find reliable, good help. Hope the hernia problem is not major. Becki

    ReplyDelete