Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I had a wonderful corned beef & cabbage dinner last night with Jeannie & her family.  I think maybe Donald threw some Guinness into the pot and it sure was tasty.  I brought some home and just had it for my lunch.

I needed to make a trip to Costco today and while there thought about buying a couple of lemon trees.  They don't have many left, and the ones they have don't look all that good.  Maybe with some TLC, but I don't know the first thing about tending citrus trees, so I decided to think about it some more.  I should wait until I have help loading it into the back of my vehicle, and unloading it here at my house.  

I stopped at Home Depot and bought a hummingbird feeder and can't wait to set it up.  I once read that you should boil the water before adding the sugar and setting it out for the birds, so that's what I do.  I am waiting for it to cool so I can hang it up and ring the dinner bell for the hummers.  It will probably take them a couple of days or so to notice it and start visiting my place.  I'd also like to get a regular bird feeder but don't feel like dealing with the squirrels that are sure to come.  For some reason they make me really angry, and I don't want to be angry.

Joe, my youngest, is going to again drive me to the dentist on Thursday and pick me up afterwards.  I didn't really feel anything but relaxed and mellow from the valium I took the last time, but I suppose I shouldn't drive.  It's only about a mile or two from my house, the the traffic is always heavy.

Joe also offered to take me to my appointment with the surgeon on Friday, but I got a lot of papers in the mail from the Med Center yesterday, one of which advised me to be prepared to be there for 2-3 hrs.  I have no idea what could take that long, but I can drive myself so I don't have to make anyone wait around for me.

On my way to Costco I thought about buying another case of Ensure; it is expensive, even at Costco prices, and I thought to myself how nice it would be if the product was on sale.  I walked up to the aisle where it's located and darned if they didn't have it for $5 off a case!  I love it when that happens, and it often does.

I had missed the second installment of Cosmos, but I knew they show re-runs fairly often so I looked and found it on NatGeo last night.  I'm hoping to catch it again - sometimes it is easier to understand scientific facts the more often you hear them.

I guess I'll spend an hour or so working outside this afternoon.  I still have windows to wash! 
 

7 comments:

  1. looking forward to our weather delayed St Pats dinner tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had any humming birds come to our feeder yet this year. Maybe we put the feeder out too early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually got corned beef and cabbage in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. We didn't have any last night. I wouldn't know what to do with a lemon tree either. That's why I don't want a yard. We didn't even get our hummer feeders out this year. But I boil the water also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, boil the water and do NOT add any red coloring.... it is bad for their little kidneys. I have followed a web cam of a hummingbird nest for several years. Right now, their are two little babies in the nest.... fun to watch. Here is the link. http://www.ustream.tv/worldofhummingbirds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Use Safflower seeds in your bird feeder. Squirrels don't like it but birds don't mind it at all. Its a little more expensive but maybe you can find that on sale too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only put a few inches of water in a cup and add the sugar, then pop it in the micro for about 30 sec. This way I fill it the rest of the way with cold water and I can put it right back outside. It was time to stop feeding the birds now that the snakes are coming out. sure don't want to bring them to my yard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YUM corned beef and cabbage. Making my vegan mouth water. If I could have a citrus tree it would be an orange not a lemon. I especially LOVE a bargain on something I was thinking I might buy if the price was good. Good luck at your medical appointments.

    ReplyDelete